Author Topic: WTB: Southern Pacific light clusers, plows, etc. for SD9's?  (Read 4995 times)

JMaurer1

• Crew
  • Respect: +292
Re: WTB: Southern Pacific light clusers, plows, etc. for SD9's?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 11:56:16 AM »
Some enterprising soul may have cast resin copies of almost all of the SP Sunrise light parts but just don't have any fresh resin to cast some new ones. If you really need them I guess I could get some fresh from TAP plastics (shipping from Smooth-On has prevented ordering from them).
Sacramento Valley NRail and NTrak
We're always looking for new members

sp1tc

• Respect: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 06:16:52 PM »
Does anyone have suggestions for making the brackets used to mount the large barrel lights?

Michael Elliott

Spades

• Crew
  • Respect: +153
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 10:40:52 PM »
Does anyone have suggestions for making the brackets used to mount the large barrel lights?

Michael Elliott

Standard SP bracket: Miniature by Eric NL6 has the bracket, it will have to be cut back.  You could make one from styrene.  Here photos of the bracket,  I know it is not the barrel headlight but this is the style of bracket used:
http://espee.railfan.net/picindex/tebu_walkaround/lee_griffith_sp-tebu-detail-04b.html

G
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:11:01 PM by Spades »

Spades

• Crew
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 11:07:24 PM »
Some enterprising soul may have cast resin copies of almost all of the SP Sunrise light parts but just don't have any fresh resin to cast some new ones. If you really need them I guess I could get some fresh from TAP plastics (shipping from Smooth-On has prevented ordering from them).

Except for a barrel headlight Detail Associate and Eric got just about everything in the way of SP headlights.  I still think Sunrise's casting were crude. Loved their beacons and brass stuff

Tap Plastic has a product called Platinum Silicone, a 50/50 mix ultra low viscosity silicon RTV. Great for making molds and TAP Quick Cast for parts.

G

Spades

• Crew
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 11:10:22 PM »
I looked and the breakers I have are for the GPs not the SDs similar to below...

http://rrpicturearchives.net/pictures/58581/580b.jpg

I believe in N scale of Nevada GP/SD 7/9 SP dandi detail kit there was a casting for the icicle breaker.  I never used it and gave away the two I had years ago.

G

Miles

• Crew
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 03:01:52 PM »
Thanks to ALL of you. I'll follow up with some PM's later to see if you'd like to part with the parts and how.

I'll also start a build thread in a week or two once I finalize the makeup of the fleet with my friend. 

sp1tc

• Respect: 0
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 06:06:41 PM »
Spades, Thanks for the info on the brackets!

ME