Author Topic: Fox Valley Milwaukee Road Transfer Caboose  (Read 1018 times)

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
Fox Valley Milwaukee Road Transfer Caboose
« on: December 28, 2014, 01:09:13 AM »
          I received my Fox Valley Milwaukee Road Transfer Caboose in a Chuck Pack from FRT yesterday. I must say it is a wonderful prototype specific car. Mine is decorated in the last paint scheme used with a black roof and white railings and grabs. The Milwaukee RD diamond logo is in red on the car sides. Some of the thinnest railings, and free standing curved side grabs I have seen on an N Scale model also modeled the unique tall railings on opposite roof end corners to allow a handhold when standing on the rood walk. The home designed and built look of these cars is very nicely done. Body mount couplers, FVM metal wheels ,black road number and extra data markings on the side like ACI labels finish off the car. Even if you are not a Milwaukee modeler, Fanzee, or Closet MLW person this would be a nice car to have. Nate Goodman (Nato).
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 02:12:44 AM by GaryHinshaw »

JSL

• Crew
  • In the Heart Of BNSF Country
  • Respect: +4
    • In the Heart Of BNSF Country
Re: Fox Valley Milwaukee Road Transfer Caboose
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 12:11:15 PM »
Those really do look nice! I will need to get a few :D

Dave Schneider

• Crew
  • Respect: +50
Re: Fox Valley Milwaukee Road Transfer Caboose
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 06:43:23 PM »
I have two of these coming in the mail from Chuck. The photos on MB Kleins look really good. I have been waiting for these since they were announced in brass from FVM many years ago. One minor nit to pick are the ACI labels. I have never seen a photo of these with such a label. I assume that Matt has a photo of one…would be interested to see it. An easy thing to remove, but I am a bit puzzled. Can't wait to get mine. Thanks Matt!

Best wishes, Dave
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.