Author Topic: BLI E unit?  (Read 1007 times)

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +345
BLI E unit?
« on: January 05, 2015, 07:56:49 PM »
I don't run DCC and I have two Broadway Limited E units.  Is there anyway to turn the sound and delayed acceleration off so they will run like a standard DC loco?
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

pjm20

• Crew
  • Modeling the Bellefonte Central
  • Respect: +141
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: BLI E unit?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 08:17:41 PM »

:D
Peter
Modeling the Bellefonte Central Railroad circa 1953
PRRT&HS #8862
Live Steam Enthusiast

Check out my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/PennsyModeler

jagged ben

• Crew
  • Respect: +413
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 12:22:45 AM »
I'm going off the manual for my new PA units but if yours is also a Paragon 2 unit then it should be the same info.

It looks like you can set CV 133 to zero to turn the sound off, and CV248 to zero to eliminate the motor start delay.  .  This will probably not significantly decrease the start voltage though.

You'll either need to find a friend with a DCC system to set the CVs or buy their DC Master Analog Control Module product.

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +345
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 12:45:08 PM »
I'm going off the manual for my new PA units but if yours is also a Paragon 2 unit then it should be the same info.

It looks like you can set CV 133 to zero to turn the sound off, and CV248 to zero to eliminate the motor start delay.  .  This will probably not significantly decrease the start voltage though.

You'll either need to find a friend with a DCC system to set the CVs or buy their DC Master Analog Control Module product.

Thanks. I saw the control module thing but was not sure if it would do what I wanted.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr