Author Topic: FVM N Scale RD-4 VAPX Hoppers (Body-mounted couplers???)  (Read 1088 times)

wmcbride

• Crew
  • Respect: +63
FVM N Scale RD-4 VAPX Hoppers (Body-mounted couplers???)
« on: November 27, 2014, 03:59:42 PM »
Can anyone confirm if the VAPX run of Fox Valley N Scale RD-4s have body-mounted couplers?

Thanks,
Bill McBride
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:19:18 AM by GaryHinshaw »
Bill McBride

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Mockingbird Industrial
Re: FVM N Scale RD-4 VAPX Hoppers (Body-mounted couplers???)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 09:09:03 AM »
I think so.  It looks like they were released at the same time as the silver/black TXUX cars which were among the first with body mounted couplers.

See: http://www.nscaledivision.com/fox_valley_models_new_announcements.htm
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

wmcbride

• Crew
  • Respect: +63
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 11:28:07 AM »
Thanks, Doug. I thought they were in the first release and had scoured on-line for release notes but was hoping for some collaboration of what I HOPED was the case.

Bill McBride

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 05:22:44 PM »
Thanks, Doug. I thought they were in the first release and had scoured on-line for release notes but was hoping for some collaboration of what I HOPED was the case.

You might want to confirm....there MAY have been a prior release.  But if you check the numbers against the same release as the TXUX cars, THOSE p/n's should be body mounted.    Sorry I didn't think about there being a prior release.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.