Author Topic: Atlas Code 55 flex?  (Read 1530 times)

Jeff AKA St0rm

• Crew
  • Respect: +47
Atlas Code 55 flex?
« on: November 16, 2014, 04:05:40 PM »
Has there been an update? The last thing I heard was that flex was going to be in the next 3 containers, that was in September from Paul.

Re: Atlas Code 55 Switches
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2014, 08:12:48 AM »
7s should be in the container shipping to us this month, 10s in the container shipping to us next month.  Some flex is scheduled to be included in each of the next three containers.

Paul do we have any new info? I have lots of #5 switches now but i need the rest of my order as i am sure many others do.

Atlas Paul

• Crew
  • Respect: +361
Re: Atlas Code 55 flex?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 08:16:05 AM »
There is code 55 flex in the container that is due in to us in December, though it isn't going to be enough to fill our existing backorders.  Now that the factory has production running, we should be getting some in every shipment until our open purchase orders are filled.

Jeff AKA St0rm

• Crew
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 01:16:23 PM »
Thanks for letting us know Paul. This is great news!!!

MVW

• Crew
  • Respect: +350
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 04:12:43 PM »
I'm not an Atlas basher, as I'm sure they're even more anxious to sell us track than we are to buy it. I hope Paul is able to deliver, but that simply hasn't been the case. (The 7s and 10s haven't shown up yet, have they?)

The "next month" mantra has worn thin. I'm not suggesting anyone from Atlas is being disingenuous, just pointing out that they can't control what they can't control. Again, I've no doubt Atlas is more disappointed by the delays than we are.

Until recently, I'd only purchased Atlas turnouts and flex. Now I've started buying Peco. I'll start laying track on my new layout in the next few weeks. If Peco doesn't disappoint, I'll be a former Atlas customer.

There are options.

Jim

Atlas Paul

• Crew
  • Respect: +361
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 08:24:05 AM »
When we give a scheduled or planned date, that is based on the information that factory has given us.  For various reasons, they don't always meet their schedule.

When we state that there is product in a container, that means it IS on the way to us, and will arrive about 4 weeks after it ships, give or take depending on port traffic, customs clearance and (believe it or not) whether there are container chassis available to put it on. 

In this case, there is a container with code 55 flex track on its way to us.  It isn't going to fill all of the existing backorders, but it is a start.

nsbob

• Crew
  • Respect: +19
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 09:50:12 AM »
  With all of the shipping delays created by the port strike at Long Beach,  I'm aware Atlas and everyone else waiting for containers of their products from Asia is frustrated.  Right now it's anyone's guess as to when products are going to arrive.  Additionally, the surge of shipping for the holiday season is only multiplying the problem.

Jeff AKA St0rm

• Crew
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 04:24:30 PM »
I'm not an Atlas basher, as I'm sure they're even more anxious to sell us track than we are to buy it. I hope Paul is able to deliver, but that simply hasn't been the case. (The 7s and 10s haven't shown up yet, have they?)

The "next month" mantra has worn thin. I'm not suggesting anyone from Atlas is being disingenuous, just pointing out that they can't control what they can't control. Again, I've no doubt Atlas is more disappointed by the delays than we are.

Until recently, I'd only purchased Atlas turnouts and flex. Now I've started buying Peco. I'll start laying track on my new layout in the next few weeks. If Peco doesn't disappoint, I'll be a former Atlas customer.

There are options.

Jim

This is a topic about Atlas Code 55. Peco is not a substitute for Atlas Code 55. Peco does not make a US proto type code 55. The only other commercially available code 55 flex is ME.

Having been a retailer in the model railroad industry for the last 13 years this is not the first product we have waited for and it will not be the last. Paul is right time lines change all the time but when he said that #5 turnouts were in there warehouse i got mine a week later. When Paul says that there is flex in a container I am going to believe him and that means that some time in the next month i will see it.

Would one of the mods please lock this topic as i asked a simple question and got the answer i was looking for. We don't need another 15 pages about how there is still no track.

Thank you

Jeff

Norway2112

• Crew
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 12:45:18 PM »
I just posted some fore sale in the Trading Post section of this forum.  Don't know how much you need but I ended up with less space than I expected for a layout and have an unopened box of 100 pieces left over.  Ready to ship.