Author Topic: Rio Grande Business cars from Lowell Smith  (Read 1421 times)

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
Rio Grande Business cars from Lowell Smith
« on: October 04, 2014, 06:25:34 PM »
       :|   I recieved my two Rio Grande Business cars from Lowell Smith Trains (sorry I have no pictures available at present). Car 107 models a mostly un rebuilt car, uses the standard MT 3-2 Observation car body with a stream styled roof. The four stripe paint scheme is very nicely done, Micro Trains should offer it on their heavy weight sleepers. Car 102 was a modernized car in later years on the railroad , the model uses the made for Lowell Smith modernized business car body with stream styled roof, it is painted in the later era single stripe paint scheme. The "The Grande Gold", orange to some people, looks right on to me who grew up viewing  D.&R.G.W. equipment in Salt Lake. I saw car 102 several times and the model makes a pretty good stand in. I would recommend both or either one of these cars. Coming soon from Lowell Smith besides NS business train cars two SP business cars in Silver with Scarlett letter boards, SP '131' Sacramento and SP'99'. I'am up for a Sacramento. Nate Goodman (Nato).Salt Lake, Utah.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 07:49:20 PM by GaryHinshaw »

robert3985

• Crew
  • Respect: +1256
Re: Rio Grande Business cars from Lowell Smith
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 02:25:34 AM »
As for the upcoming Lowell Smith Trains SP cars....I'll have to put my son Ben in contact with you Nate.  Sounds just like something that he'd want if they fit the 1956 cutoff date of our era!

Thanks for the heads-up!