Author Topic: Another photo posting test - my ATSF DL-109 set  (Read 4249 times)

Loren Perry

• Crew
  • Respect: +79
Re: Another photo posting test - my ATSF DL-109 set
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2017, 02:48:26 PM »
Um, I just went back to the initial post and I again see all 3 photos (no changes have been on my computer since last night when I didn't see them). This is really weird!

Hi, Pete -

To you and all the others who are now mysteriously able to see all three photos, I may have an answer.

Yesterday evening, when I re-read all the ideas and suggestions that members were offering, one in particular caught my attention. It stated that the URL on Google Photos sometimes changes for no apparent reason.

When I read this, I went back to Google Photos' website, opened my album and then uploaded those same two photos (the ones that went AWOL) again. Then I opened the RailWire site and went to the thread we're on now and used the Modify button to allow me to change my original post. Next, I reposted the new URL's right over the original URL's in the post and finished up with the ?jpg and the usual [img - /img] routine. That's all I did.

From what you're all saying now, it appears this may have worked. I won't hold my breath for very long, though.

Right now, I'm going to post a new thread with all new photos and will repeat this process to see if it works again. I should have the new post up within fifteen minutes of this writing.

Please let me know if you can see all three photos, will you? Thank you!!!

RBrodzinsky

• Crew
  • Respect: +425
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2017, 03:40:36 PM »
Yay, finally can see photos 2 & 3!
Rick Brodzinsky
Chief Engineer - JACALAR Railroad
Silicon Valley FreeMo-N

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +1953
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2017, 07:23:14 PM »
Me too, finally, and all the upload issues notwithstanding, the engines are stunning!
Nice job Loren!
Otto
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 07:24:16 PM by Cajonpassfan »

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2017, 04:15:57 AM »
a tiny nit: Santa Fe had DL-107s, not 109s.

Loren Perry

• Crew
  • Respect: +79
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2017, 12:33:02 PM »
a tiny nit: Santa Fe had DL-107s, not 109s.

Yes, you're right. But it seems almost everyone recognizes the DL-109 designation due to the model manufacturers marketing of them as such. I think New Haven had the actual 109's seeing as they bought the lion's share of those engines. Santa Fe's were somewhat unique in configuration with different window arrangements as an example. And as I said in the caption, I believe Alco built just one B unit and that went to Santa Fe. ATSF officials eventually referred to their DL's as "streetcars" due to their weak traction motor windings and inability to handle mountainous terrain.