Author Topic: Dale Edwards Passing  (Read 1951 times)

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1102
Dale Edwards Passing
« on: September 22, 2014, 10:49:20 AM »
This may be in the wrong area, but I wanted to let everyone know that Dale Edwards, the brother of the Late Keith Edwards who started Kadee Metal Products passed away last Friday.  I don't know if there are words specific or strong enough to portray their influence on the model train industry over the years, but their vision, passion and innovation will live long beyond their passing. 

Thanks

Joe
MTL
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

Van Horne

• Crew
  • Respect: +24
Re: Dale Edwards Passing
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 11:00:24 AM »
I am very saddened by this news.  The brothers Edwards had an almost incalculable impact on the evolution of N scale with their couplers and then freight cars.  RIP.

Dave Hunter

Kisatchie

• Crew
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 11:18:48 AM »
Without the Kadee 5 & 10 coupler, I wouldn't have stayed in HO scale many years ago. Once I finally noticed Micro-Trains had knuckle couplers available for all sorts of N scale cars, I changed to N scale.

I'm very sorry to hear of Dale Edwards' passing. RIP.

Hmm... same here...

Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1813
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 11:50:56 AM »
Very sorry to hear this, but I think I speak for all N scalers that his was a life not lived in vain.  Hopefully he felt the same way.  Rest in peace.

BTW, this definitely deserves to be a sticky in N&Z for a while.

JMaurer1

• Crew
  • Respect: +292
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 12:03:00 PM »
N scale model trains may be a very small pond, but the Edwards made major waves in that pond and their legacy will forever live on.
Sacramento Valley NRail and NTrak
We're always looking for new members

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2896
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 12:25:43 PM »
Please pass on the condolences of everyone here @ Railwire ... NScale owes a huge debt to the these pioneers. RIP

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 02:36:16 PM »
NScale owes a huge debt to the these pioneers. RIP

Agreed.  My condolences.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4614
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 03:41:35 PM »
Yes, I'm sure we are all in agreement about just how instrumental the Dale brothers were/are to model RR industry (and the N scale in particular).

This is a very sad news - it seems that we have lost quite a few of important figures of the model RR world lately.   My deepest condolences to the Dale family, including the Micro-Trains and Kadee employees.

It is also good to see that with younger generation model RR entrepreneurs picking up slack (running companies like Rapido, BLMA, Exactrail, FVM, and others) model railroading is far from its predicted demise.
. . . 42 . . .

Viperjim1

• Crew
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 04:52:25 PM »
Saddened to here the. News and hopefully the family caries on their great passion for the hobby!

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2106
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 06:40:49 PM »
Well that was a bolt out of the blue . Did he become ill , or was this without warning ? So sorry his loved ones have to endure this traditional ritual of the funeral on top of dealing with their broken hearts .

Richie Dost

Catt

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Boylerwerx
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 11:49:36 PM »
It is my understanding that Dale has been in poor health for quite sometime.We were from different branches of the family tree but we shared the name anyway.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made

JoeW

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
    • N Layout list
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 09:14:08 PM »
but their vision, passion and innovation will live long beyond their passing. 

Thanks

Joe
MTL

It has Joe, you and the others there are proof of that.  I am sure the Edwards Brothers left knowing that would be the case.  Please pass on my condolences to the Edwards family.

brokemoto

• Crew
  • Respect: +182
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 08:35:55 AM »
REQVIESCAT IN PACEM.