Author Topic: Latest Rapido newsletter...  (Read 8518 times)

Scott Lupia

• Crew
  • Respect: +183
Re: Latest Rapido newsletter...
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2014, 10:37:04 AM »
If you give people the "perfect" product which needs no work it will just give them more time to be on the internet bitching about it.  Give them a product which requires some modeler skills and they will find time to bitch about it on the internet.  If you produce some Lackawanna orientedproduct  nobody will bitch and we will make you wealthy beyond your wildest dreams.  You will also have the title to my 72 Mach 1.  There is a lesson to be learned here. 

Scott Lupia
"All I wanted was a Pepsi"

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +268
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2014, 03:23:48 PM »
Oh, God, not more New Haven-appropriate stuff!! You guys are killing me! (or at least my wallet). What next...you do the streamlined Merchant's Limited? You keep making NH stuff I have to buy!! :o
Wasn't supposed to be this way --- when I switched to modeling the NH about 3 years ago, there was a bunch of NH-painted locos but no specific NH hoppers, gons, PS-1s, flats, passenger cars, etc. Perfect for me -- I could modify and scratchbuild ones from existing models at my own pace, no huge expenditures like buying 7+ KATO Broadway Limiteds to get 7 BM70Ms. (Again, I had started modeling PRR because of lack of prototype passenger equipment) And who, I thought, would make anything specific to a dinky little-recognized (at least by modelers in general) railroad like the NH?
But since then we've gotten (in no particular order) NH types of MTL parlor cars and RPOs, IM flats, Bachmann USRA hoppers, MS freight decals, Atlas PS-1s and NE-5s, totally unexpected Osgood-Bradley cars, and most unbelievably FL-9s!! (You are all under Bussey mind control, is that it?) And then there's this annoying rumor of single-window heavyweight coaches ----AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!  :drool:
Seriously ... Rapido (and others) are doing a great job of making my hobby easier. I really was not looking forward to building or bashing a bunch of American Flyer coaches. You guys are doing an amazing job of filling out my roster. And emptying my bank  account. But what good is money if it can't buy happiness?  :D
Keep up the good work. But really ... you're not going to do a Merchant's Limited,  are you? :scared:
As for FGEX 40's-50's reefer decals ... those might be coming soon too.

packers#1

• Crew
  • Modern Shortline Modeler
  • Respect: +477
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2014, 05:15:15 PM »
If you produce some Lackawanna orientedproduct everyone will bitch that it it's too specific/they can't justify buying one/this rivet is .001 scale inches too small according to the actual prototype and we will make you wealthy beyond your wildest dreams.  You will also have the title to my 72 Mach 1.

FTFY  :ashat: :trollface:

I don't have need or want of these cars, but looking at the undecorated model, my gosh you guys do great work. Hopefully someday I'll have the opportunity to purchase a GMD-1...you know, there isn't an N scale U18B yet...
Sawyer Berry
Clemson University graduate, c/o 2018
American manufacturing isn’t dead, it’s just gotten high tech

Ike the BN Freak

• Crew
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2014, 02:17:56 AM »
I loves me some reefers, I'll be picking up a few!! thanks!!

Is this because you live in WA state?

delamaize

• Crew
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +455
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2014, 05:24:32 AM »
Wrong kind of reefer.....
Aint touched that ***** since HS.
Mike

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

u18b

• Crew
  • Respect: +1709
    • My website
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2014, 10:25:02 PM »
If you give people the "perfect" product which needs no work it will just give them more time to be on the internet bitching about it.  Give them a product which requires some modeler skills and they will find time to bitch about it on the internet.  If you produce some Lackawanna orientedproduct  nobody will bitch and we will make you wealthy beyond your wildest dreams.  You will also have the title to my 72 Mach 1.  There is a lesson to be learned here. 

Scott Lupia

I'm not complaining since the very very specific Lackawanna car........ now runs on CSX!

WooooHoooooo!

Can't wait.
Ron Bearden
CSX N scale Archivist
http://u18b.com

"All get what they want-- not all like what they get."  Aslan the Lion in the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S.Lewis.