Author Topic: Showcase Miniatures Ballast Regulator and more  (Read 1544 times)

JoeW

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
    • N Layout list
Showcase Miniatures Ballast Regulator and more
« on: September 06, 2014, 05:02:40 PM »
 Showcase Miniatures

Last time I made a post of what’s new with Showcase Miniatures, Walter had just finished the 28' Flush-Deck Pup Trailer.  Since that time he has added a 28' Drop-Deck Pup Trailer, Z Scale Scaffolding Set and just this week he finished a really impressive Ballast regulator. As always the quality level on these models are that of what you have come to expect from Showcase Miniatures.
    I know that Walter and Debbie really appreciated your support and that is why they are committed to introducing new Z scale models on a very regular basis. I hope you enjoy this newest batch of Z scale models and I hope you will get over to check out the website http://www.showcaseminiatures.net/z-scale.html. If you are on Facebook be sure to like us on our https://www.facebook.com/showcaseminiatures and like the items that interest you.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 10:51:00 AM by GaryHinshaw »

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4613
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Showcase Miniatures Ballast Regulator and more
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 11:38:42 AM »
Showcase Miniatures

Last time I made a post of what’s new with Showcase Miniatures, Walter had just finished the 28' Flush-Deck Pup Trailer.  Since that time he has added a 28' Drop-Deck Pup Trailer, Z Scale Scaffolding Set and just this week he finished a really impressive Ballast regulator. As always the quality level on these models are that of what you have come to expect from Showcase Miniatures.
    I know that Walter and Debbie really appreciated your support and that is why they are committed to introducing new Z scale models on a very regular basis. I hope you enjoy this newest batch of Z scale models and I hope you will get over to check out the website http://www.showcaseminiatures.net/z-scale.html. If you are on Facebook be sure to like us on our https://www.facebook.com/showcaseminiatures and like the items that interest you.

As always, excellent job!

Now if Walter would make some 28' Flush-deck trailers in N scale, but with squared off front, that would be the cat's meow!  I could then model some FedEx road trains!  :)
. . . 42 . . .

Scottl

• Crew
  • Respect: +1139
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 12:41:57 PM »
More MOW equipment like the ballast regulator would be fantastic.  I have one of those kits and it is superb.

James Costello

• Crew
  • Respect: +292
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 08:44:51 PM »
I'd really love to see that flush-deck pup trailer in N too, looks perfect for UPS service with that extra side rail and angled front corners.
James Costello
Espee into the 90's

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +1249
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 05:56:33 AM »
'll second the request for the flush decks in N... perfect compliment to Trainworx drop frame pups.
There's a shyness found in reason
Apprehensive influence swallow away
You seem to feel abysmal take it
Then you're careful grace for sure
Kinda like the way you're breathing
Kinda like the way you keep looking away

ztrack

• Crew
  • Working to drive Z to all new levels!
  • Respect: +233
    • Ztrack
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 04:40:43 PM »
I just finished the Z scale version of the ballast regulator. What a great kit! The level of detail is amazing. I went with a well used look. Faded paint and grime. Dark washes really pop the detail. I really recommend this kit. I hope they do more!

Rob
Z, turning N on it's side since 1972
www.ztrack.com
www.ztrackcenter.com
www.ztrackresale.com

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4613
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 06:46:37 PM »
Rob, that looks great!  That thing is tiny in Z scale!

One detail which bugs me (in N and Z version, and which can be easily fixed) is the pointy axles.  A quick swipe of a file or cut with a hobby knife would make those wheels look so much more realistic.  Otherwise - excellent job!
. . . 42 . . .

ztrack

• Crew
  • Working to drive Z to all new levels!
  • Respect: +233
    • Ztrack
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 07:50:34 PM »
Thanks! Yes it is tiny! The dime really shows off the size. I will tell you, Showcase did an amazing job with it. For how small it is, the tolerance have to be perfect. Notice how you don't even see the seams on the corners of the cab. Showcase really engineered this kit right.

I agree with you on the axles. I didn't even think about that until after I took the photos and realized how much they stood out. I am temped to carve them out.

Rob
Z, turning N on it's side since 1972
www.ztrack.com
www.ztrackcenter.com
www.ztrackresale.com