Author Topic: Digitrax DCC SW9  (Read 1107 times)

johnh35

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
Digitrax DCC SW9
« on: August 31, 2014, 04:06:40 PM »
Hopefully these pics will come through, my first time posting pics here in ages. Please do not pigeonhole this in the DCC thread, as it is applicable to N scale and would probably be overlooked there

A view from the side showing the top motor brush tab moved to the bottom brush holder to get something above the frame to solder to.

A top view showing the wires soldered into the board.

I have tested it and it works fine. The only thing I do not like about Digitrax is that it is not as smooth on DCC as TCS.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 10:26:33 AM by GaryHinshaw »

johnh35

• Crew
Re: Digitrax DCC SW9
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 04:08:23 PM »
Ok, I obviously botched the pic thing. How do you fix? I inserted the link to the flickr page and can right click on it and go there.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4593
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 04:13:39 PM »
John, isn't this a DCC-specific info?  Why wouldn't this be appropriate for the DCC/electrical/electronic forum?  Isn't that why we have separate forum for this kind of info? :? :?  Most stuff in DCC section is applicable to N scale.   :|

As far as Flicker goes, most photo sharing programs are gettign fancy and that makes things harder if you try to find a link directly to the image.  They suck!  Your "image" links do not end in jpg or png, so the forum will not show them.

Edit your post and change them to links instead of images. People can then just click on them and that will bring them to the images.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 04:19:27 PM by peteski »
. . . 42 . . .

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1813
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 10:33:26 AM »
John, on flickr you need to follow the share link (curvy arrow icon, bottom right) and select the bbcode option to get a URL that works here, in a bb=bulletin board.  Annoyingly, it gives you 2-lines of text to paste in - the second line is superfluous and can be deleted.

Oh, and I'm moving this to the dcc board, mainly because you told us not to.  :trollface:  (You'll still get the redirect from the N board.)

And peteski, stop second guessing everyone's posting habits.

Thx,
-The Management.

nickelplate759

• Crew
  • Respect: +992
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 02:39:30 PM »
I did the same conversion, the same way.  The only oddness is that if I run it on straight DC the speed fluctuates with about a 1 Hz cycle.
On DCC (which is, of course the whole point) it runs fine.

George
George
NKPH&TS #3628

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

johnh35

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 07:56:31 PM »
Yes George, I noticed the same.

Gary, I said "please"

Peteski, :P

LOL!