Author Topic: KATO MP36 PH Custom Paint  (Read 1857 times)

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
KATO MP36 PH Custom Paint
« on: August 17, 2014, 06:00:46 PM »
        Kato, Through their KOBO division is releasing MP 36 PH diesels for some of the Paint Schemes that Athearn has offered on their F 59 PH locomotives UTA "Front Runner" , New Mexico "Rail Runner", and agencies not covered by Athearn "West Coast Express" and "North Star". This provides the exactally correct locomotives to now pull the Athearn Slant End Bomb Cars. The UTA "Front Runner" locomotive I ordered was $185.00 plus $15.00 shipping. The Athearn locomotives were OK stand ins, but not the correct locomotive. Two numbers are available on the KATO models which the KATO newsletter reads are being painted by a custom painter in Japan. Nate Goodman (Nato). Salt Lake, Utah.

Jeff AKA St0rm

• Crew
  • Respect: +47
Re: KATO MP36 PH Custom Paint
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 08:23:29 PM »
This is some what good news. I have the GO Transit MP40 that kato did a few months ago and it doesn't pull more than 7 of the Athearn cars. So if you only pull 6 cars then they work fine on the flat. I am still trying to find a way to pull 12 cars so i can run proto length trains.

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +1249
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 12:37:45 AM »
This kind of sucks in a way... This means they have no interest in producing a full run with commuter cars. Still, I would jump on the MBTA one if it became available.
There's a shyness found in reason
Apprehensive influence swallow away
You seem to feel abysmal take it
Then you're careful grace for sure
Kinda like the way you're breathing
Kinda like the way you keep looking away

railnerd

• Crew
  • Respect: +230
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 01:13:02 AM »
Isn't the issue with the Bombardier coaches, not the locomotive?

-Dave

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 12:21:12 AM »
 :|            My, Incorrect Athearn locomotives will pull 8 cars , although the problem may be how the Athearn Bomb cars do roll. The Utah Transit Authority "Front Runner" trains that travel between Ogden and Provo thru Salt Lake are usually 4 car trains one refurbished second hand single level Comet coach behind the locomotive and three double decks, the last car is of course a cab. Special longer trains have been operated, of course I realize some agencies like "GO" have always run much longer trains. Nate Goodman (Nato).

Jeff AKA St0rm

• Crew
  • Respect: +47
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 08:22:13 PM »
Isn't the issue with the Bombardier coaches, not the locomotive?

-Dave

Yes the Problem is with the coaches, but with the loco as well. I have pulled 12 of the coaches with a P42 it has more weight and much better trucks and traction.

jpec

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Perception and reality engage in a daily civil war
  • Respect: +171
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 11:38:56 PM »
I wish they would consider MARC...although there's no coaches to go with them save the Island Modelworks ones which are supposed to be making their way to Shapeways.

Jeff
"trees are non-judgmental, and they won't abuse or betray you."- DKS