Author Topic: New Kato Turntable Review Video  (Read 3698 times)

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2098
Re: New Kato Turntable Review Video
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 03:54:11 PM »
When KATO ran their Norfolk Southern heritage units ads, they had the models arranged around a turntable.

The turntable in the ads looks quite different from the model now being offered by KATO.

Who is the producer/vendor of the turntable in the KATO ads? It seems to be a bigger turntable.

Javier

I don't think the Kato turntable is an exact copy of a prototype but resembles some turntable looks as do all or almost all model RR turntables . I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a single photo or drawing that they used , but just use the web or memory to copy some basic common looks of various types . I am tickled that the functionality out of the box is so exact , details etc are east to do in comparison to operation .

Richie Dost

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 04:13:05 PM »
I don't think the Kato turntable is an exact copy of a prototype but resembles some turntable looks as do all or almost all model RR turntables . I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a single photo or drawing that they used , but just use the web or memory to copy some basic common looks of various types . I am tickled that the functionality out of the box is so exact , details etc are east to do in comparison to operation .

Ngineer was not asking what prototype Kato's new turntable represents; he was asking what model turntable was used in the ads for their heritage units, which appeared to be larger: https://katousa.com/N/SD70ACe/main.jpg

I believe the answer is Fleischmann: http://www.fleischmann.de/en/product/12228-0-0-0-0-0-0-005004/products.html

Fleischmann's TT is ~7.2", versus Kato's at ~6.3".
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 04:23:10 PM by David K. Smith »

Ngineer

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 04:20:41 PM »