Author Topic: New Truck Side Frame option for MTL SW1500  (Read 3172 times)

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1569
Re: New Truck Side Frame option for MTL SW1500
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 01:32:17 PM »
Some comments seemed a little two-faced.  Lol   ;)
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1813
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2014, 02:22:12 PM »
Another good reason to round up the product discussions into its own section. Improves the signal to noise ratio of modeling work in the other sections.

It was the main reason, in fact.  Above all, we strive to be "A Forum for Modelers" who wish to share their work and get honest, but respectful, feedback.

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4229
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2014, 02:25:05 PM »
I read the TrainBoard comments.  They didn't seem excessively negative to me.  Some little snipes that were more forum-envy than anything else.

In spite of some of the over-the-top criticism here on occasion, I'd still rather have honest assessments instead of over-the-top praise giving me a false sense of how the product actually is being perceived.

Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

Dave Schneider

• Crew
  • Respect: +50
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2014, 03:02:04 PM »
I read the TrainBoard comments.  They didn't seem excessively negative to me.  Some little snipes that were more forum-envy than anything else.

In spite of some of the over-the-top criticism here on occasion, I'd still rather have honest assessments instead of over-the-top praise giving me a false sense of how the product actually is being perceived.

This pretty much sums up my point of view as well, which is quite a bit easier for me as I am not a manufacturer. But as a modeler, this is how I would like to have what I share evaluated and critiqued.

In some ways TRW is like going to the gym. You are not going to improve your fitness by having everyone complement you. At some point you need to evaluate where you are at, decide if you are happy with it, and work to improve if desired.

The Railwire: Interval Training  for Modelers! 

Best wishes, Dave
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +998
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 03:49:53 PM »
Thanks guys, I feel a little bit better.  <group hug>

Rich_S

• Crew
  • Respect: +148
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 05:16:05 PM »
So, back to the topic at hand . . .

I couldn't tell from the TB discussion if these are meant to simply be snapped onto the truck frames to replace the current AAR's, or will they be a whole new assembly.  I'd actually like the former approach, cause the MTL could sell a ton of them for folks wanting to change out sideframes on other two axle locos.

According to my interpretation of thread #9, these are a direct replacement for the existing side frames. From my interpretation, they are not the entire truck assembly, just the side frames.

http://www.trainboard.com/grapevine/showthread.php?159453-New-Truck-Side-Frame-option-for-MTL-SW1500&p=992739#post992739

ednadolski

• Crew
  • Respect: +1665
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 05:49:05 PM »
I guess you can't please everyone.  I take those comments personally...
But Tom, you can't take them personally, precisely because (as you just said) you can never please everyone.   You'll drive yourself crazy if you try.

(And of course the Internet makes everyone into an "expert",  complete with an "opinion" just like an :ashat:)

Ed