Author Topic: Lookinf for Gulf Mobile & Ohio steam decals  (Read 901 times)

Paradise275

• Crew
  • Respect: +13
Lookinf for Gulf Mobile & Ohio steam decals
« on: August 04, 2014, 03:25:17 PM »
Any one know if these are available.

Rick

jmlaboda

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
Re: Lookinf for Gulf Mobile & Ohio steam decals
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 06:15:28 PM »
Wish I could say that you could use this or that but the fact is this, GM&O is apparently not as common of a roadname that is desired than many others.  I have that this is looking to be the way it is but there is little possible... except maybe...

Have you considered using dry transfer lettering?  Clover House offers some great alphabet and number sets that would allow you to create decals or apply the lettering, one letter at a time, directly onto a model.  While it is time consuming and a little tedious it isn't really all that hard to do and since the GM&O's steam was rather simplistic in nature it wouldn't be all that bad of an alternative.

Finding photos on the web isn't all that easy but George Elwood's Fallen Flags site does have a few shots of GM&O steam and the lettering is about as minimal as any I have ever seen on a streamer.  Here are a couple of links...

GM&O 475 2-8-2
GM&O 502 4-8-2
GM&O 547 2-8-0

Two exceptions I could find about GM&O steam won't be nearly as easy to do... the first (below) being steamers that had the slogan "The Alton Route" while the second is a maroon painted passenger steamer based on the Alton RR's steam paint scheme...
GM&O 2998 2-8-0
GM&O 4-6-2 "The Alton Route" (model)

Don Ross has a number of additional shots on his great site...
http://donsdepot.donrossgroup.net/dr2083.htm

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1102
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 06:58:30 PM »
GM&O is my guilty pleasure...were the markings on the steam white or gold?

Thanks
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

Paradise275

• Crew
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 12:53:37 PM »
I ordered it from this guy. Paid on Paypal and never got the decals. He said something about problems to try again later.

Rick

http://streamstylegraphics.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=109