Author Topic: What Happened To Z Scale???  (Read 2136 times)

rvn2001

What Happened To Z Scale???
« on: August 02, 2014, 12:46:16 AM »
How come the N scale and Z scale topics have been lumped together :RUEffinKiddingMe:?
I'm not interested in N scale and don't want to muck my way through their topics and comments to find something about Z scale.

Thom Welsch
Z scale model train enthusiast since 1972

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: What Happened To Z Scale???
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 12:51:05 AM »
How come the N scale and Z scale topics have been lumped together :RUEffinKiddingMe:?
I'm not interested in N scale and don't want to muck my way through their topics and comments to find something about Z scale.

Thom Welsch
Z scale model train enthusiast since 1972

See the Administrative forum for a lively discussion.
. . . 42 . . .

rvn2001

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 02:00:02 AM »
That makes it simple for me.......Bye-Bye!!
The Asshats can have their parade back!!

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 02:53:36 AM »
You registered on February 25, 2013, 02:40:37 PM ...And have 17 posts as of 08/01/2014

...and you expect us to cater to you?  :RUEffinKiddingMe:

I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 03:01:40 AM »
Just think--we might have simply killed the Z scale forum off altogether. It was a temptation...

So, if you're taking your toys and storming off in a huff, is that supposed to endear you to us?

Chris333

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 05:35:32 AM »
This must have been the "guy"  :D

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 07:44:08 AM »
This must have been the "guy"  :D

+1

I'm not sure what you want me to do, Thom.  No one was posting to the Z scale forum, and when no one posts, no one wants to take the time to post something new*.  Now, a Z scaler can post to the N & Z board and actually receive replies.

*do panhandlers set up at busy intersections or to they walk out to a 4 way stop somewhere in the country?

ztrack

• Crew
  • Working to drive Z to all new levels!
    • Ztrack
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 09:38:38 AM »
Just think--we might have simply killed the Z scale forum off altogether. It was a temptation...

So, if you're taking your toys and storming off in a huff, is that supposed to endear you to us?

So David are you planning to take the Z out of your logo? It appears you don't give a crap about it anymore...

Rob Kluz
Defending Z at every turn!
Z, turning N on it's side since 1972
www.ztrack.com
www.ztrackcenter.com
www.ztrackresale.com

packers#1

• Crew
  • Modern Shortline Modeler
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 10:29:13 AM »
So David are you planning to take the Z out of your logo? It appears you don't give a crap about it anymore...

Rob Kluz

So here's the question:
if there's several z scalers on the board, how come in several months the only threads in the Z scale section has been AZL announcements?  :?
Sawyer Berry
Clemson University graduate, c/o 2018
American manufacturing isn’t dead, it’s just gotten high tech

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 10:49:19 AM »

Rob Kluz

Geez, Rob.  I think DKS' health issues are making it much more difficult for him to model in the smaller scales.  That's not to say that NZT is not going to offer anymore Z scale products.  In fact, his website still shows offerings of Z scale products and an upcoming Z scale coupler.

DFF

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

ztrack

• Crew
  • Working to drive Z to all new levels!
    • Ztrack
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 11:10:02 AM »
DFF while I am sorry to hear of DKS' health issues, that does not change the fact that Dave appears to think the Z specific forum is not relevant. As a manufacturer of Z scale products, I would assume that he would find a Z specific forum worthy. But that may just be my skewed belief.

Rob
Defender of ALL things Z!
Z, turning N on it's side since 1972
www.ztrack.com
www.ztrackcenter.com
www.ztrackresale.com

Dave V

• Crew
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 11:17:53 AM »
Again, the thinking here is that the majority of the traffic here happens in N scale, hence maximum exposure.  As an N scaler I never wander into the Z forum...just out of habit, really...but if Z stuff started showing up in my N scale feed I would most certainly open, enjoy, and possibly even consider.  I think that's the case for most of our N scalers.

DKS is supporting greater exposure for the Z scale content here.

Chris333

• Crew
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 02:20:00 PM »
At one time David, Tom, and myself did a lot more in Z scale. Maybe that is how the Z forum even got started. (Like now Ian has is own HO forum  :trollface: )

And I don't Click Railwire and then click N or Z. I click "Show unread posts since last visit" and see what I wanna read out of it all.

nkalanaga

• Crew
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2014, 03:13:57 AM »
My view on "NZT":  If he makes and sells products in multiple scales, it should be easier and less time consuming to post them all to one forum, which will leave more time to develop Z scale products.  I'm with Dave Vollmer on this one.  If no one posts to a forum, the natural assumption, right or wrong, is that no one READS it, so why bother announcing anything there?
N Kalanaga
Be well

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2014, 06:24:01 AM »
At one time, a long time ago, the N and Z forums were combined, just like HO and larger scales.  Several years ago, a group of Z scalers wanted their own forum and assured me they would have enough traffic to support it, so I created it.  Things went along ok for a while, but then the Z scalers dropped off.

We have always tried to meet everyone's needs, but Railwire has never been a forum with multitudes of sub-forums.  I personally didn't agree with the "Best of" and other splinter groups either .. they have never worked here.

This place has grown from the few who regularly came here to over 300 visitors per day .. each with their own interests.  We want to keep it focused to what it does best.   An occasional house cleaning is needed.   RW was getting too splintered, and the signal to noise ratio has been climbing to where the modeling is less and less, and the moaning and groaning is getting more and more.  The last time it got this way three years ago, I almost shut it down completely.   ATLAS sure did when it became too much work.

My advice; if you don't like the changes that Tom has made to the FREE service that you are getting is to either accept them, or move on. There are plenty of other places that may cater more to your liking. www.trainboard.com has multiple sub-fora that caters to nearly every interest group.  Others include http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/ , trains.com etc ..   you can also try  http://lmgtfy.com/?q=model+railroad+forums