Author Topic: I personally feel N scale should have its own board & not be mixed with Z  (Read 4341 times)

ztrack

• Crew
  • Working to drive Z to all new levels!
    • Ztrack
I do dislike lumping Z and N together, but this is not the only forum to do so. The Marklin forum did the same years ago. There was the same backlash with some folks walking away. They are two different scales and should be separated. I also don't understand the logic as there is no extra cost to keep a Z section But that is the owners/moderators call. I also can't argue the point since the Z community is such a tiny factor here.

Likely I am the primary poster (and defender) of Z here. Most of my posts are product announcements for American Z Line. But N scalers, be prepared. We have been targeting you fine folks for some time. We hope you take notice of all of the new products coming out for Z and see how the scale is growing. We would love for some of you to join our growing ranks.

As for Z scale modeling, I would LOVE to see more on this forum. There are quite a few Z scalers doing some amazing work. They are posting on other forums though. But some of the moderators of this fine forum have done extraordinary work in Z. If they are still doing so, maybe it would be a good time to share it? I'm just saying...

Rob Kluz
Z scale defender.
Z, turning N on it's side since 1972
www.ztrack.com
www.ztrackcenter.com
www.ztrackresale.com

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
Rob,

The segregation of product announcements into their own thread should work out even better for you than an individual Z scale forum.  I'm sure that some forum members who do not peruse the threads of a scale they're not interested in, or at least very often, but they will see your announcements in the Products Announcements forum with other scales.

DFF

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
I do dislike lumping Z and N together, but this is not the only forum to do so. The Marklin forum did the same years ago. There was the same backlash with some folks walking away. They are two different scales and should be separated. I also don't understand the logic as there is no extra cost to keep a Z section But that is the owners/moderators call. I also can't argue the point since the Z community is such a tiny factor here.

Likely I am the primary poster (and defender) of Z here. Most of my posts are product announcements for American Z Line. But N scalers, be prepared. We have been targeting you fine folks for some time. We hope you take notice of all of the new products coming out for Z and see how the scale is growing. We would love for some of you to join our growing ranks.

As for Z scale modeling, I would LOVE to see more on this forum. There are quite a few Z scalers doing some amazing work. They are posting on other forums though. But some of the moderators of this fine forum have done extraordinary work in Z. If they are still doing so, maybe it would be a good time to share it? I'm just saying...

Rob Kluz
Z scale defender.

Rob, obviously I would like you to continue posting AZL updates.  There is no extra monetary cost in keeping a separate Z forum, but the cost in keeping a forum that no one posts in is to give other Z modelers a disincentive to post.  Why bother to share in a forum that has no traffic?  This is the logic behind the reasoning.

With the new organization, I expect that both AZL product announcements and Z scale modeling threads will get much more views and commentary. 

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
    • Coming (not so) soon...
I'm gonna take a page from the Artie S. Demoulas book of management on this one.

- Deal with it  :trollface:

I am!  I want ATD back!
. . . 42 . . .

ztrack

• Crew
  • Working to drive Z to all new levels!
    • Ztrack
Rob, obviously I would like you to continue posting AZL updates.  There is no extra monetary cost in keeping a separate Z forum, but the cost in keeping a forum that no one posts in is to give other Z modelers a disincentive to post.  Why bother to share in a forum that has no traffic?  This is the logic behind the reasoning.

With the new organization, I expect that both AZL product announcements and Z scale modeling threads will get much more views and commentary.

Yes so true on all accounts here. I really wish I could increase the Z traffic. There is so much great stuff going on right now. But we struggle to get articles for Ztrack. It is even harder to get folks to post on the forums.

Personally, this will give me a chance to learn more about N scale. I have to admit, I don't delve into N too much, even though I think it is a wonderful scale. I am looking forward to it.

Rob
Z, turning N on it's side since 1972
www.ztrack.com
www.ztrackcenter.com
www.ztrackresale.com

Chris333

• Crew
I think some 36" lengths of code 40 flex track would change a lot of peoples minds about Z... just sayin'.

nkalanaga

• Crew
Code 40 Z flextrack would do wonders for the N narrow gauge market as well.  Serious modelers would probably cut the ties apart and respace them, but for beginners the Z would work fine, and if it sold well enough, maybe we could convince you to make Nn3 track.  Or European standard Z, with the widely spaced oversized sleepers North American modelers hate - but which would be great for N narrow gauge, and would probably be popular with Europeans looking for more accurate Z track.

Also, many scenery products work for multiple scales, and having all of the product announcements in one forum will give a wider audience for them.   
N Kalanaga
Be well

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Code 40 Z flextrack would do wonders for the N narrow gauge market as well.  Serious modelers would probably cut the ties apart and respace them, but for beginners the Z would work fine, and if it sold well enough, maybe we could convince you to make Nn3 track.  Or European standard Z, with the widely spaced oversized sleepers North American modelers hate - but which would be great for N narrow gauge, and would probably be popular with Europeans looking for more accurate Z track.

Also, many scenery products work for multiple scales, and having all of the product announcements in one forum will give a wider audience for them.

Um, shouldn't this thread be in the Product Discussion section?  :trollface: :trollface: :trollface:
. . . 42 . . .

jpwisc

• Crew
    • Skally Line Blog
I don't mind the change, as an N Scaler, it reminds me of how Model Railroader Magazine sorts scales:  1) HO and 2) all the others.
Karl
CEO of the WC White Pine Sub, an Upper Peninsula Branch Line.