Author Topic: Well! Bachmann's new pricing is NOT so great after discount  (Read 7373 times)

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +998
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
Re: Well! Bachmann's new pricing is NOT so great after discount
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2014, 07:05:12 PM »

200 somthing bucks per engine???  These monsters were 600 something each except for the one with the double tender and caboose....that one was over a grand...and I horse-traded for all of 'em...no money out-of-pocket:

You should've tried to get ballast as part of the deal :trollface:

jmlaboda

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2014, 07:26:15 PM »
You should've tried to get ballast as part of the deal

With models like that most folks won't give it a second thought that the ballast is not there.

robert3985

• Crew
  • Respect: +1252
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2014, 02:41:51 AM »
You should've tried to get ballast as part of the deal :trollface:

Nyuck Nyuck!!  I won't let anybody else ballast my railroad.  The time spent on the projects I did for these is one reason the ballast didn't get applied in time for this show (where this photo was taken). 

Five years ago when I went DCC, I also decided to put a 22AWG feeder on every piece of rail.  Those areas that were ballasted were a lot harder to do than the areas that hadn't been done yet, and I was very happy that this area hadn't been done yet!

Yup, this LDE needs to be finished now that all the electrical is done.  When I get the next three LDE's up and running, I'll ballast all of 'em at the same time.  The scenery should be done in the Spring of 2015.

Here's a photo of one of my GTEL's on Echo Curve (with ballast)...at the East end of Echo Yard...I'm still carving the cliffs, building bridges, doing research on the Fairbanks & Morse coaling tower...y'know...chit like that: