Author Topic: Weekend Update 7/20/14  (Read 5911 times)

ednadolski

• Crew
  • Respect: +1665
Re: Weekend Update 7/20/14
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 03:05:44 PM »
Some pics from the paint shop:

More here:  https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=31130.msg383333#msg383333

Thanks for looking ;)

Ed

chuck geiger

• Crew
  • Las Piedras Railroad - Destination Desert
  • Respect: +2427
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 05:13:37 PM »
Riding the Sherman Hill Club excursion train tomorrow on the DP from Denver to Cheyenne.
E-9 A-B-B-A with coaches, vistas and more. Will have video tomorrow.
Chuck Geiger
provencountrypd@gmail.com

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2288
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 06:09:34 PM »
Riding the Sherman Hill Club excursion train tomorrow on the DP from Denver to Cheyenne.
E-9 A-B-B-A with coaches, vistas and more. Will have video tomorrow.

A-B-A unless they magically found another B. :trollface:

This was a big sore spot with Steve Lee when he ran the program. He desperately wanted an A-B-B-A set. He knew of one other intact E8B, but its owner had some sort of beef with UP (or Steve & co.) and was not going to let go of it - to UP, at least - at any price. Steve had an E8B hulk on the turntable whiskers, but it was just an empty shell and was going to bring all sorts of EPA compliance woes down on his head if he attempted to repower it.

Bendtracker1

• Crew
  • Remember The Rock!
  • Respect: +1296
    • The Little Rock Line
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 06:30:07 PM »

Nice job on that faded and flaking paint on the Warbonnet Brian!

arbomambo

• Crew
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 07:19:52 PM »
...finishing 'up' my Skytop Models builds....! (still have to number the gray baggage car-waiting for decals). I have one more, each, of the NYC outside door express boxcar, and the REX express reefer built to this level....have another outside door express box casting that will be in NYC two-tone gray, and two more ATSF baggage car castings that will be in the gray scheme.
~Bruce

"STILL Thrilled to be in N scale!"

Bruce M. Arbo
CATT- Coastal Alabama T-TRAK
https://nationalt-traklayout.com/

skytop35

• Crew
  • Respect: +731
    • Skytop Models
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2014, 07:39:39 PM »
Nice job Bruce
Bill Denton

Skytopmodels.com

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +6785
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 09:53:43 PM »
You ever have one of those days working on the railroad?  While I was trying to get motivated to get back to highway construction on the Seaboard Central, a train that I have been running flawlessly for a number of hours over a week or two began to give me an errant derailment of the last car every once in a while.  During this time, I was trying to cut and glue in wood ties between a rail and the "asphalt" to begin the wood crossing that will be at right in this picture:

I've now got the asphalt piece trimmed to its final fit, and I'm satisfied that there's no significant gaps.  I put this off for months, because I knew it was going to be a pain in the butt to get this fit correctly without screwing it all up and having to start over.  Now, I can go on and finish the road crossing and continue paving downtown Aberdeen.

Meanwhile, the Auto Train was not behaving, and I didn't get to the throttle in time to stop a minor derailment from becoming a major disaster.  The last car of the train, auto carrier #9087, derailed its rearmost truck, causing it to go on the ground and pick the next switch that it came to:

Once #9087 could go no further on two separate tracks, it stopped abruptly and stringlined the end of the train.  Auto carrier #9099 and Coach-Baggage #31024 derailed completely and were tilting significantly once they came to a stop.  Coach #34037 derailed completely but was still upright, narrowly avoiding a wood trestle pier:

However, the taking the real brunt of the accident, Coach #34051 and Coach #34085, went on their sides, but, thankfully for the survivors, they avoided taking a plunge in Crystal Lake:

The rest of the train stayed on the rails, despite going into emergency:

The emergency workers haven't gotten a final tally of the casualties.  We'll provide updates as we receive information from the accident site.  I hope you're having a better weekend on your model railroad.   ;)

DFF

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

coosvalley

• Crew
  • Respect: +639
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2014, 11:02:23 PM »
You ever have one of those days working on the railroad?  While I was trying to get motivated to get back to highway construction on the Seaboard Central, a train that I have been running flawlessly for a number of hours over a week or two began to give me an errant derailment of the last car every once in a while.  During this time, I was trying to cut and glue in wood ties between a rail and the "asphalt" to begin the wood crossing that will be at right in this picture:

I've now got the asphalt piece trimmed to its final fit, and I'm satisfied that there's no significant gaps.  I put this off for months, because I knew it was going to be a pain in the butt to get this fit correctly without screwing it all up and having to start over.  Now, I can go on and finish the road crossing and continue paving downtown Aberdeen.

Meanwhile, the Auto Train was not behaving, and I didn't get to the throttle in time to stop a minor derailment from becoming a major disaster.  The last car of the train, auto carrier #9087, derailed its rearmost truck, causing it to go on the ground and pick the next switch that it came to:

Once #9087 could go no further on two separate tracks, it stopped abruptly and stringlined the end of the train.  Auto carrier #9099 and Coach-Baggage #31024 derailed completely and were tilting significantly once they came to a stop.  Coach #34037 derailed completely but was still upright, narrowly avoiding a wood trestle pier:

However, the taking the real brunt of the accident, Coach #34051 and Coach #34085, went on their sides, but, thankfully for the survivors, they avoided taking a plunge in Crystal Lake:

The rest of the train stayed on the rails, despite going into emergency:

The emergency workers haven't gotten a final tally of the casualties.  We'll provide updates as we receive information from the accident site.  I hope you're having a better weekend on your model railroad.   ;)

DFF

My thoughts and prayers to all those involved......I hate to see such tragedy , especially so close to the holidays..... :trollface:

conrailthomas519

• Crew
  • BNSF / Montana Rail Link
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 09:49:01 AM »
You can bet that somebody is going to be out a job! there DFF
As for my railroad, the Rail America/Mid-Michigan Railroad short line, I'm finishing up the last of the module leg assemblies. I should complete this task within the upcoming week.  ;)
TMM

MichaelWinicki

• Crew
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2014, 09:52:33 AM »
Dave, I think I had a relative on that train...

Know an average lawyer?   :trollface:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 10:39:08 AM by MichaelWinicki »

jprince46

• Respect: 0
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2014, 10:22:50 AM »
Dave,

Gomez would be proud :o

basementcalling

• Crew
  • Respect: +652
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2014, 12:48:35 PM »
Good thing the Kudzu was there to cushion the landing when the train string lined.

Time for someone to pee in the cup.
Peter Pfotenhauer

Bill H

• Crew
  • Respect: +127
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2014, 12:52:29 PM »
Dave:
I like the texture of your ground cover. What are you using?

Thanks,
Bill

Kisatchie

• Crew
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2014, 03:03:43 PM »

Hmm... that's why Kiz
calls it Amtrap...

Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2014, 03:39:18 PM »
Dave:
I like the texture of your ground cover. What are you using?

Thanks,
Bill

Kudzu!