Author Topic: lets take a break and watch some n scale trains  (Read 1416 times)

bobdobbs

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
lets take a break and watch some n scale trains
« on: July 11, 2014, 04:48:45 PM »
Yea I know about all the flaws but sometimes its fun to watch the choo choos.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 12:48:10 PM by bobdobbs »
[

Kisatchie

• Crew
  • Respect: +62
Re: lets take a break and watch some n scale trains
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 05:01:26 PM »
Hmm... Amtrap...

Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

jimmo

• Crew
  • Representing Willmodels
  • Respect: +6
    • Willmodels
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 10:28:12 PM »
I almost got seasick watching.
James R. Will

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1329
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 12:41:20 AM »
Jimmo:  I've seen less stable amateur video of real-world subjects, but it does look like it was taken from a small boat.  With almost everyone (except me) having a phone that takes videos maybe it was!  It's a good explanation anyway....
N Kalanaga
Be well

bobdobbs

• Crew
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 02:30:16 AM »
Jeez tough crowd, very critical, I have a layout and I run my trains a lot, just though it would be nice to share.  Anyway back to work on the layout.
[

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +6785
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 09:17:51 AM »
Bob,

Please don't let a few guys get you down.  We have strange sense of humor here at TRW.  I appreciate you sharing video of your Amtrak train.  I just rode the Auto Train, so I have an increased interest in Amtrak lately.  Here's video of the equipment that I own to date as I am building my own Auto Train (I have a couple Con Cor auto racks and a Kato step down coach on order from MBK).  Of course, the baggage car and "business cars" will be removed:

Thanks,
DFF

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

Kisatchie

• Crew
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 09:50:43 AM »
Jeez tough crowd, very critical....

Hey, this is The Railwire.

Hmm... Kiz boos me when
I eat supper...

Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 10:01:00 AM »
Thanks gents for the videos.  I would like to see more of these types of videos, personally.   I think the production critiques are important though since it is more enjoyable to have a nice, stable, in-focus video to view.   Bob, I would just back the camera away even just a few inches which should help a lot...obviously some way to stabilize the camera would be great as well.  Even Dave's video had a bit of focus/compression issues going on...you can tell because it becomes very *in focus* with the business cars.   Maybe it's just something with the corrugations on the Superliners playing tricks with my eyes but it seemed that way to me.   Anyway, I still enjoyed both videos!

It's probably among my top 10 things I love about n-scale in the past 10 years that Kato has had such a love affair with Amtrak.  I really love watching Amtrak equipment running on layouts and at train shows, and you really can model just about all of their trains at some level.   I'm not HUGE into Amtrak myself although I plan to model the Heartland Flyer, (model railroaders' dream train....3 cars and 2 locomotives!  lol) plus a "gameday" HF (with added Lounge car and sometimes another coach) and have enough extra cars (couple of sleepers and coaches) to model a small Texas Eagle consist.   8)
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

ednadolski

• Crew
  • Respect: +1665
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 10:49:51 AM »
Is it me, or is that some serious dips in the track near the rail joint?

Ed

Pennsy

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 10:57:52 AM »
And I am not a fan of the stationary camera shot. The engines and cars go by so fast one has little time to appreciate them. Especially if they have any specific modeling and/or weathering. And you concentrate on just the single scene instead, and any flaws or miss queues become very apparent. Both layouts in the posted videos look to be quite interesting, but all we saw of them was the one scene.
I want to see more :)

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2896
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 01:24:40 PM »
Yea, its a little jumpy     :D  .. but so what . he's running trains ..

I normally don't share my videos and pics here .. since my work is no where near up to the Railwire standards .. but here is a little inspection train video from a couple of months ago using one of those spy videos ..

Rich_S

• Crew
  • Respect: +148
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 06:12:41 PM »
Bob, Even though the movie was a little shaky, it was still nice to see. Thank you for posting the movie and starting the thread. Here is one of my movies, it's almost 2 years old now, so some things have changed on my layout since this movie was taken. The movie was taken with my Nikon CoolPix L20 digital camera, that also has the capabilities of taking movies. I edited the movie with "Windows Live Movie Maker" that came installed on my current Windows 7 computer. Anyway here is the movie, enjoy.