Author Topic: Modern Freight Car Resource  (Read 715 times)

conrail98

• Crew
  • Respect: +40
Modern Freight Car Resource
« on: June 30, 2014, 10:00:28 AM »
I did a search before posting this so if this site has been referenced earlier, my apologies, but only a random link in a 6 post thread came up. I came across this site over the weekend while researching build dates for some freight cars:

http://www.railroadcarhistory.com

Specifically, Dave's Railroad Car History has a lot of great PDFs including the builds of cars from the 80s until today. Basically, I was searching for the build dates of coil cars so I know what to get and what not too, i.e., the Atlas Coil cars area apparently too new for me but I'll never be able to find the right models since the Evans' ones haven't been run in a while. Just thought I'd post it here in case anyone else is looking for similar information,

Phil
- Phil

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Mockingbird Industrial
Re: Modern Freight Car Resource
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 04:57:10 PM »
Thanks for posting the link.  I have visited that site a few times before, but there are a lot more of the Freight Car Journals PDF's up now than before.  And I think only the 2000's production list was up then as well.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.