Author Topic: Kadee HO No.5 Draft Box Sizes  (Read 1118 times)

Jamesn320

• Crew
  • Respect: +12
    • James' Train Parts
Kadee HO No.5 Draft Box Sizes
« on: June 05, 2014, 08:41:35 AM »
Hi all,

I working on a HO version of my 3D printed UP Excursion train water tenders.

Click here to view the original image of 1000x535px.

The last thing I need to sort out is the couplers. Being an N scalar, and in England, I don’t have an HO equipment to use for measurements etc but I have been advised to use Kadee No.5 couplers as they are a standard. What I am after is the actual sizes of the draft box so I can model it in and make sure they will fit the tenders.

Can anybody help?

I need dims for height, length and width plus the diameter of the mounting screw and how far it is from the back of the box. And finally the height the top of the box needs to be from the rail head.

Cheers,

-James

lajmdlr

• Crew
  • Respect: +9
Re: Kadee HO No.5 Draft Box Sizes
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 07:52:50 PM »
James
Kadee makes all kinds of HO couplers. Their #5 is just one. Here's the link to their website: http://www.kadee.com/htmbord/coupler.htm#HO-Scale. My preference is the whisker couplers because they are easier to intall & one less part to worry about. If you can't find the box dimensions Click on "Contact" for their email.
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
LAJ Modeler

Jamesn320

• Crew
  • Respect: +12
    • James' Train Parts
Re: Kadee HO No.5 Draft Box Sizes
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 09:43:16 AM »
James
Kadee makes all kinds of HO couplers. Their #5 is just one. Here's the link to their website: http://www.kadee.com/htmbord/coupler.htm#HO-Scale. My preference is the whisker couplers because they are easier to intall & one less part to worry about. If you can't find the box dimensions Click on "Contact" for their email.

Thanks for that. 

I have been able to find out all the dims bar the width, if all else fails I will drop them an email. From what I undershand, if the #5 fits then the whisker one will too as it is narrower.

-James