Author Topic: New Semi from Showcase Miniatures.  (Read 2569 times)

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +406
Re: New Semi from Showcase Miniatures.
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 03:41:40 PM »
Define "comprehensive package."

Something discussed between a potential customer and a vendor in say... oh the last 2-3 years?   ;)
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

jimmo

• Crew
  • Representing Willmodels
  • Respect: +6
    • Willmodels
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2014, 06:09:07 PM »

Something discussed between a potential customer and a vendor in say... oh the last 2-3 years?   ;)

That's not a definition of the "comprehensive package" mentioned. I guess what I was hoping for was what the individual (who wrote this) was expecting.

Now if I take the "winking eyeball" personally, I would think that this was a slight dig at me for mentioning a new truck line awhile back. I don't think it was 2-3 years ago, however. If you want a progress report, I will say that three of Showcase Miniature's latest releases were (coincidentally) the exact models I was nearing completion on. That was somewhat of a setback.

Since I don't have the talents of the legendary Walter Vail at my disposal, I have to figure all of this out myself through trial and error. Let's just say that it's been a learning experience. Since I will not put anything out that isn't (at least) close to top notch, development has not been anywhere near rapid.
James R. Will

One of One-Sixty

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 01:47:35 AM »
Yeah, but not everybody can design and print their own.   :P It is nice to have those in photoetched metal.

And that's is why Husker is my hero due to his ShapeWays shop.  I have more single and twin screws that Liberty City would could have more tractor dealers than car dealers.   :facepalm:
“My deeds must be my life. When I am gone, they will speak for me.”- Stephen Girard

Modeling a modern Pennsylvania Railroad 1996-Present

jpwisc

• Crew
  • Respect: +626
    • Skally Line Blog
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 05:45:08 PM »
I do like the white metal for working with. Shapeways quality keeps me from buying more from that site. It takes me hours of work sanding to get everything to a useable point, and I hate paying more for that level material. I'm hoping they get some better printers soon, because Huskers designs are awesome!
Karl
CEO of the Skally Line, an Eastern MN Shortline.