Author Topic: Thursday Proto Photo, May 29/14  (Read 1993 times)

VonRyan

• Crew
  • Running on fumes
  • Respect: +608
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, May 29/14
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 11:13:47 PM »
I also forgot to mention, in an interesting twist of fate, just like in "Railway with a Heart of Gold", I had to shoo a mother sheep and her lamb off of the tracks somewhere between Dolgoch and Abergynolwyn. Only difference was I had to do it twice. On the way up, I just opened the cylinder cocks to make lots of noise and blew the whistle.
On the way down, all I could do (since we weren't using the throttle) was sound the whistle. The mother got off quickly but the lamb was persistent. I was slowly working the air brake, but when there was only four feet left between the buffers and that lamb, I dumped the air and basically sent the train into emergency. After a quick check with the Guard(s), who were leaning out of the van to see what was going on, I got the Right Away and back down the valley we went.
Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.
Tired.
Fighting to reclaim shreds of the past.

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5522
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 12:52:51 AM »
Someone at the TR was supposed to email me scans of the drawings, but never did. I believe the TR also sells a book that has them in it.
I'd kill for any wheel/axle sets that are the correct size for TR slate wagons. They don't even have to be spoked.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/585590/ij-s-nn3-slate-wagon-5-off.html

VonRyan

• Crew
  • Running on fumes
  • Respect: +608
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 12:56:34 AM »
I've seen those, but I have a feeling that they are more proportionate for Nn3 rather than Nn2/N4mm.

I didn't get pictures of the two preserved TR slate wagons, but they are quite tiny. Luckily they were made out of mostly wood. The slate wagons of the Ffestiniog Railway are metal and trying to etch them for N-scale would be a nightmare.
Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.
Tired.
Fighting to reclaim shreds of the past.