Author Topic: hobby magazines off schedule?  (Read 831 times)

Albert in N

• Crew
  • Respect: +21
hobby magazines off schedule?
« on: May 11, 2014, 11:45:19 PM »
 :?  One of my favorite reference publications seems way over due; The Railroad Press.  The last one is Issue #99 for Oct/Nov/Dec 2013 and even their web site does not show Issue #100 and it has not hit Barnes & Noble.  Also, Railroad Model Craftsman seems to stay at least a month behind; last one was April 2014.  No complaints for Kalmbach Publishing regarding Model Railroader, Trains, and Classic Trains, as they seem to keep ahead of schedule.  I am sure that good reasons exist and someone out there may know the answer.  Since I model the late 1960s and early 1970s in N scale, I value these magazines for reference and hobby tips.

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +63
Re: hobby magazines off schedule?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 01:31:48 AM »
 :|           RMC which I subscribe to has only recently gotten off track, their sister publication Rail Fan and Railroad which I also get appears to be closer to on time. Nate Goodman (Nato).

rschaffter

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 07:45:13 AM »
Could be your post office.  I get most magazines regularly, but Chemical and Engineering News is often late; sometimes I'll even get two issues together, but my Wife gets her's at work regularly...
Cheers,
Rod Schaffter

Albert in N

• Crew
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 09:28:35 AM »
 :(My thought is that The Railroad Press may be struggling, although they have a fantastic magazine.  They normally publish at least four issues each year, but none so far in 2014.  Where is their Issue #100??  Their web site shows nothing new, plus none in bookstores.   I sent one brief email inquiry without response.  Sure, I need to subscribe to The Railroad Press, but only if on regular schedule.  With the internet and current economy, magazines understandably have challenges but do need to communicate delays to customers at least on their web site.     

kornellred

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 07:54:59 AM »
I have TRP Issue 100 on my desk next to my computer as I type this.  I have had it for at least a month.

On the cover is a PRR BP20 standing at the Asbury Park NJ station (top half).  Bottom half is a pic of Reading Co. equipment.