Author Topic: New TLT Newsprint run?  (Read 2649 times)

cv_acr

• Crew
  • Respect: +127
    • Canadian Freight Railcar Gallery
Re: New TLT Newsprint run?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 01:08:54 PM »
You know, I *get it* that they're not Atlas, but they do have a decent Facebook page and should be able to get the word out.   Last time I looked there was nothing about the boxcars.  Admittedly I wasn't following them though...I am now.

This was announced on their facebook page about a year ago. The word has been out there.

Haven't heard many new updates recently, I don't know if these are at all close to actual production or not.

cv_acr

• Crew
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 01:10:53 PM »
On pre-orders IF the six packs are to be broken up to sell singles, it is a pretty common rider for the seller so that they don't sit on a bunch that no one wants. It has been this way with TLT in the past with six packs. If they are actually selling singles then it wouldn't be the case. I can't blame the sellers for this... should not be expected to sit on inventory for any reason.

OK, I get that, but in that case the multi-packs should be single schemes, not a mix. If I model 1990 I want a 1990 scheme, not the 2003+ web site version. Silly.

(Of course, I actually model 1985 in HO, but the principle stands...)

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2014, 01:36:24 PM »
This was announced on their facebook page about a year ago. The word has been out there.

I guess "announced" is the part I missed.  It seemed it to be more of a...we're thinking about these, maybe.

Here is the original RW thread about these. https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=28871.0    Seems to be a lot of confusion about their product line, announcements, etc. then as well.

Bottom line: somewhere, somehow, they're not getting across to their customers.   I'm still searching their FB page for the info...maybe at least a reminder every 4-5 months....create some excitement, no?
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

ljudice

• Crew
  • Respect: +238
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2014, 01:47:23 PM »
They're practicing HP's marketing strategy, where we would sell Sushi in a campaign promoting "cold, dead fish"

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +583
    • My train pics
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2014, 01:50:59 PM »
I didn't pre-order... just emailed TLT with a positive indication and mentioned that I own 53 of their NSC 70 ton newsprint boxcars. Figured that would show a willingness to support their products. Their earlier cars were all six packs and if you pre-order from an etailer (which I did), you can't necessarily pick the cars you want when they break the sets up for singles. You may get them, but there is no guarantee.

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2014, 01:51:31 PM »
Isn't Canadian advertising nationalized?

No; but damn near everything else is...comrade.............. :trollface:
Hey; I'm a hoser so I can say that eh................
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

lock4244

• Crew
    • My train pics
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2014, 01:58:36 PM »
The announcement of testing the water as a sign...

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 04:01:24 PM »
So I asked them on FB about the status.  Apparently Atlas did these in HO?   That's been the holdup....they are figuring that Atlas will do them in N as well.  (and they're probably right)
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

cv_acr

• Crew
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2014, 01:26:35 PM »
Yep, Atlas scooped them pretty hard in HO, although the version Atlas did is a 1980 CN/BCOL version. TLT's current listings are for the 1989 version.

Sounds like they're also planning to do the late 1970s CP (CPI,QC) and ONT version as well.

lock4244

• Crew
    • My train pics
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2014, 02:07:17 PM »
So I asked them on FB about the status.  Apparently Atlas did these in HO?   That's been the holdup....they are figuring that Atlas will do them in N as well.  (and they're probably right)

Yeah, right after the GP40-2W  :x

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4209
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2014, 02:45:55 PM »

Perhaps they should ask Atlas and find out for certain.  Nobody likes to tool the same model that someone else is tooling, even if you're one of the top tier manufacturers.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net