Author Topic: Help With 2014 NTS in Cleveland, Ohio  (Read 1856 times)

rvn2001

• Respect: 0
Help With 2014 NTS in Cleveland, Ohio
« on: October 14, 2013, 11:15:08 AM »
Hi Everybody !!

As most of you know Ellen Shelton, John Mui, Dick Taylor of Rail Dreams Inc. and I displayed modules at the 2013 NTS in Atlanta, Georgia. We had a great time, as usual, but wish there were more of you there.
 Somehow, the folks from the NMRA handed me the application for space at the NTS next year in Cleveland, Ohio (I guess they thought I was running things  ). So....I guess I get to try to organize a group of people to display at next year's NTS. Most of you should have vacation time available since the NZSC in KC has been cancelled.

I would like to start organizing a group now so that I can turn in the paperwork as early as possible. I would like to make this a big event if possible. I would like to include any and all module standards and want to have some BYOZ tables available too. It would be nice if we could put several layout standards on display. So...if you've got Z-Bend Track, Zmod, Ttrack-Z, T-rail-Z, or any other standard that I might have forgotten modules I'd like to include everyone. I'd also like to include small, portable layouts. I've already got commitments from several people and would like to get everyone together.

Please let me know what you have: module standard, size and shape, and I'll work up a plan to include as much as possible from as many people as possible. Also let me know the size of any portable layout you'd want to bring so I can try to accommodate it.

Please send your information to me at twnts2014@Hotmail.com

I'm looking forward to making this a big event.
 Thom Welsch

seusscaboose

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +190
Re: Help With 2014 NTS in Cleveland, Ohio
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 11:32:12 AM »
try contacting Bob Caywood he's in Lorain/Vermillon) and Has a good understanding of some of the locals.

contact me via PM if you don't know him and I will make the introduction.

EP

p.s. us NKP guys gotta stick together  :D

EDIT: i just noticed this was in the Z Scale forum.  Is it Z Scale specific, or are you coordinating all scales?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 11:45:01 AM by seusscaboose »
"I have a train full of basements"

NKPH&TS #3589

Inspiration at:
http://nkphts.org/modelersnotebook

rvn2001

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 12:17:46 PM »
I forgot to mention that one little fact. I'm only trying to coordinate the Z scale folks. Thanks for the information, though.

Thom

rvn2001

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 04:43:53 AM »
I have mailed off the application for space for Z scale modular layouts. I requested a space 25 feet by 25 feet.

shamoo737

• Crew
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 10:51:49 AM »
I think Ed Turner requested the same amount of space. I am still trying to decide what to do with my family vacation. Spending two weeks in Cleveland is not going to cut it with the rest of the family.
John

rvn2001

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 03:59:24 PM »
John,
You're right about the size of the space...that's part of the reason I chose those dimensions. You don't have to spend 2 weeks in Cleveland...we'll be happy with Wednesday or Thursday through Sunday.  ;)

rvn2001

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 10:40:42 AM »
Hi Everybody,

It's been a while so I though I'd give you all an update. I received the Layout Registration Packet a little while ago. I need to have names and module dimensions so I can get the application filled out and returned as soon as possible to give us the best chance of getting in the show. I have the names and other info from some people, they know who they are, but I'd love to hear from even more people. I've asked for a 25' x 25' area so we should have enough room for more than we've already got. Please let me know if there's any way you can add to the layout with modules or even help with set-up, tear-down or running trains.

Thom Welsch
twnts2014@hotmail.com   

rvn2001

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 11:56:41 AM »
Hi Again Everybody,

I filled out the application with layout dimensions, electrical drops and the list of participants for the 2014 NTS in Cleveland and put it in the mail. I've asked for a final area of 25' x 22' with 6 chairs and 8 tables. There's still room for adjustments if anyone else is interested in joining us.

Thom Welsch
twnts2014@hotmail.com   

ztrack

• Crew
  • Working to drive Z to all new levels!
  • Respect: +233
    • Ztrack
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 09:36:17 AM »
We have confirmed our booth for the NTS. We will be in 112. AZL is doing a single booth this year. But it will be visible on all 3 sides. I am told that AZL will be announcing new products during the show.

Thom I still on the fence bringing up my modules. They do need restoration. I just haven't had the time to work on them. But they do run well!!

Rob
Z, turning N on it's side since 1972
www.ztrack.com
www.ztrackcenter.com
www.ztrackresale.com

rvn2001

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 12:18:30 PM »
Hi Rob,

I suspect that they confirm the vendor areas before the layout areas.....I hope....  The 2 end modules I'll be bringing are the same ones that I brought to the NTS in 2005. I'll leave the decision about your module(s) up to you but they only need to run well to be good for me. I'm working on a new module that will be mostly one long bridge on each side across the river that will cover most of the module.

rvn2001

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 04:00:10 PM »
I am happy to report that the MidweZt HaulerZ have had their space at the NTS in Cleveland, Ohio confirmed. We will have an area 25 ft. X 22 ft.. We'll be near the back of the hall in area 868. There will be 7 of us in this area with 2 modular ZBT layouts, several portable layouts, our humidor layouts and room for some B.Y.O.Z. layouts. I will also be taking my T-rail-Z modules and will have them set up if space permits.

I'm looking forward to running trains with friends in this area and look forward to meeting old and new friends who stop by to run trains or just look around and say "Hi".

See you there,
 Thom Welsch