Author Topic: Fox Valley GP60M's  (Read 29604 times)

High Hood

• Crew
  • Respect: +127
Re: Fox Valley GP60M's
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2014, 10:55:19 PM »
All problems resolved!  Awesome customer service from FVM!!!

+1 FVM customer service FTW!

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +345
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2014, 09:20:20 AM »
I have just joined the Railwire. The reason (other than being an N gauge nut), was the interest and debate over the Fox Valley GP60M. I received my locomotive a few days ago, great detail! However, out of box running was like a worn out coffee grinder! After reviewing your web site and the excellent response by Mike#95, I took the engine apart and noticed very little or no lube. After some lube & back together locomotive runs better. My concern is that after running 1/4 speed a growl occurs for a couple of laps (small network), then goes away, and then back again. Is this normal? Your advise would be appreciated. Should I live with it? Or did I make a mistake not staying with Kato!
Thanks,
gpr45

I would suggest two things.  Email FVM and let them know what is going on and I would suggest an extended break in run to see if it solves the issue or causes it to get worse.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

gpr45

• Respect: 0
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2014, 12:27:10 PM »
thanks, noticed when locomotive ran slow,it seemed to jerk, not always in the same rail location. so video'd train, and played it back in slow motion. not conclusive but think the gears may be binding, in one spot  which slows engine down and growls. started extensive run mode, seems to be much better! certainly acceptable ,at this point. many thanks to everyone for your input. gpr45.