Author Topic: Question for Atlas paul  (Read 1745 times)

GN Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
Question for Atlas paul
« on: April 01, 2014, 05:14:59 PM »
I checked the web site and could not find any info on the N Scale Alco S-2s.  Any info as to when we might expect them?

Tom

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4229
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Question for Atlas paul
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 05:46:45 PM »
Up to date product status information is here:
http://www.atlasrr.com/ordership.htm
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +345
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 05:57:30 PM »
Up to date product status information is here:
http://www.atlasrr.com/ordership.htm

That info is useless more often than not.  Last time I checked first quarter is over and I would hope Atlas knew that all the 1st quarter items would be 2nd quarter, if we are lucky.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

wcfn100

• Crew
  • Respect: +1128
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 06:28:34 PM »
That info is useless more often than not.  Last time I checked first quarter is over and I would hope Atlas knew that all the 1st quarter items would be 2nd quarter, if we are lucky.

That's first quarter shipped from China.  Maybe Atlas will update the container report which is still on February.

Jason

CBQ Fan

• Crew
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 08:51:20 PM »
They have 5 new locomotives listed for first quarter, we will be lucky to see 1-2 per month.  My gripe is that it would be nice if companies would keep their sites more up to date.  Once Atlas updates the containor ship date it is pretty predictable on when your local hobby shop will have it.  I knew a month or so ago from Facebook that the U25B would be pushed out into the second quarter and the VO-1000's would arrive mid March.  Just keep the website updated.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5515
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 10:06:48 PM »
Real question is: Will ERIE be in the second run?  :D

Atlas Paul

• Crew
  • Respect: +361
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 08:27:15 AM »
No word yet on the S2s - the sound decoder is the hold up.
As far as the schedule, as we get updated information from the factories, the schedule is updated.  The rolling stock schedule is holding up pretty well, the locomotive schedule is still a little hit or miss.  The factories are still learning the production of our locomotives (mold set ups, tolerances, etc.) which is why it is taking a little bit longer than expected on some items.

jdcolombo

• Crew
  • Respect: +926
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 08:55:33 AM »
No word yet on the S2s - the sound decoder is the hold up.
As far as the schedule, as we get updated information from the factories, the schedule is updated.  The rolling stock schedule is holding up pretty well, the locomotive schedule is still a little hit or miss.  The factories are still learning the production of our locomotives (mold set ups, tolerances, etc.) which is why it is taking a little bit longer than expected on some items.

I figured the S-2 sound decoder was going to be a significant engineering project.  But I'm happy to wait for it to be right - ESU's 539T sound file is magical.   And please don't get frustrated by the delay - this is pioneering work by Atlas AND ESU LokSound.  I look forward to the not-too-distant future day when I can order ALL my steam locos and diesels with a sound option.  The S-2 is the pioneer test bed for diesel sound installs, because if it can be done well in this size of loco, it can be done well in anything.

John C.

mcjaco

• Crew
  • Respect: +105
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 09:13:57 AM »
First Quarter here was over yesterday....and we're complaining about things not being up to date?

~ Matt

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4229
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 09:51:27 AM »
Agreed.  As confirmed by Paul, that is the page where the information is updated as they get updates from the factories.

If there is no March container report, it stands to reason that there was no container shipped in March.  It's not set in stone that containers ship monthly.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

GN Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 11:29:36 AM »
Thanks Paul for the response.  I guess I am anxious for these to arrive.  I have been one of the many who have been waiting for this loco for years.  Originally scheduled for 4th Quarter 2013 this loco is driving me crazy.  Anyway thanks again.

Tom

CBQ Fan

• Crew
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 06:09:00 PM »
Agreed.  As confirmed by Paul, that is the page where the information is updated as they get updates from the factories.

If there is no March container report, it stands to reason that there was no container shipped in March.  It's not set in stone that containers ship monthly.

I am sure they know if a containor shipped in March or not, so update the first quarter deliveries to second quarter when you know for sure it won't ship in March, that is all I am saying.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

robert3985

• Crew
  • Respect: +1256
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 06:51:43 PM »
I figured the S-2 sound decoder was going to be a significant engineering project.  But I'm happy to wait for it to be right - ESU's 539T sound file is magical.   And please don't get frustrated by the delay - this is pioneering work by Atlas AND ESU LokSound.  I look forward to the not-too-distant future day when I can order ALL my steam locos and diesels with a sound option.  The S-2 is the pioneer test bed for diesel sound installs, because if it can be done well in this size of loco, it can be done well in anything.

John C.

+1   100%!

CBQ Fan

• Crew
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 07:56:39 PM »
I do have to say that my new VO's are much, much nicer than my original run.  They were well worth the wait!
Brian

Way of the Zephyr