Author Topic: Troubled loco help  (Read 1911 times)

mecgp7

• Crew
  • Respect: +265
Re: Troubled loco help
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 07:34:34 PM »
PowerStroke, if you look at the initial post, it states She has had numerous miles of.constant running so it isn't a breaking in thing. Even after long runs, once it gets cold the process starts all over.

What wasn't mentioned is how many hours of running this started happening after? The loco might have been new at some point when it was purchased, but it might have had lots of running time before the failure occurred.  That was not clearly stated.
Good point Peteski. She came in brand new and this was the problem from the very start. No matter what, once cold, she started the same way.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4596
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Troubled loco help
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 01:44:59 AM »
Good point Peteski. She came in brand new and this was the problem from the very start. No matter what, once cold, she started the same way.

PowerStroke: Now that we know, it was most likely a factory defect.  But I wouldn't worry about Atlas product quality just yet.    :)  This is the first time ever I've heard of a broken brush in a new Atlas loco.  Tens of thousands of their locos don't exhibit that problem.  Quality does matter, but this seems like an isolated incident.  I have a feeling that if mecgp7 would ask Atlas for a replacement brush (after explaining the situation)  he would receive one free of charge.
. . . 42 . . .