Author Topic: BLW has all the PRR goodness listed.  (Read 2518 times)

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +44

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +157
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: BLW has all the PRR goodness listed.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 05:26:02 AM »
 :?
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

Greyryder

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 05:36:34 AM »
I wonder if maybe he meant to link to this page?

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 10:50:59 AM »
AAh, you click on what's new and you get the same thing.

carlso

• Crew
  • Respect: +488
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 11:45:43 AM »
The question is : will they produce? ? ?

Carl
Carl Sowell
El Paso, Texas

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4613
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 02:09:55 PM »
AAh, you click on what's new and you get the same thing.

:facepalm:  Ah, that little "what's new" button, hidden among bunch of other identical animated buttons?  :facepalm:
Sounds really easy and intuitive.  :facepalm:
I happen to frequent that website, so I just go to the new stuff directly. But if you posted that link for someone who has never visited that site, they would sure be confused - looking for, as you clearly stated "PRR godness"  That sure isn't shown anywhere on the main page.  :facepalm:

I think that I used just the right amount of  :facepalm: here.
 :)

As far as BLI producing all those models (and as scheduled), I don't really know their track record, but looking at other companies, and also at some other models promised by BLI, I have my doubts all of these will show up on-time (if ever).  But one can hope.

EDIT: removed some  :facepalm: smilies   :D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 02:13:53 PM by peteski »
. . . 42 . . .

skm

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 02:38:10 PM »
BLW is not listing the H32 Hoppers  :?
Cheers,
Scott

reinhardtjh

• Crew
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 06:24:30 PM »
As far as BLI producing all those models (and as scheduled), I don't really know their track record, but looking at other companies, and also at some other models promised by BLI, I have my doubts all of these will show up on-time (if ever).  But one can hope.

Other than the M1a/b debacle, as far as I know everything BLI has promised in N scale, they have delivered, eventually.    That's only EMD E6/E7/E8 and ALCo PA/PB so far though.   The most recent runs have been late, but they showed up.  :trollface: 

As a member of the PRR Modeling Yahoo group I see lots of discussion about BLI product and nothing about complaints that something didn't show, so I'm hopeful that they have finally gotten on track with N and I really hope that a lot of their HO catalog transfers to N within the next few years.  But please, please, PLEASE don't add smoke!   :trollface:
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

reinhardtjh

• Crew
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 02:24:59 AM »
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

djconway

• Crew
  • Respect: +64
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 11:01:09 AM »
I'm still NOT going to hold my breath for the M1.  Way too long 'On the way'

towl1996

• Crew
  • Chairman of TRW Busty Cougar Welcoming Committee
  • Respect: +138
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 06:20:45 PM »
Ugh! 4 packs, at least they're not the stupid 6 packs.  :RUEffinKiddingMe:  Fortunately I want the H32's, so I'll pony up the cash. These 'packs' are a horrible marketing idea, will limit sales, and will cost them money. The customer should have the option to purchase the number they want and not be held ransom by some lame gangsta marketing ploy.  :x
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

chicken45

• Crew
  • Will rim for upvotes.
  • Respect: +1013
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 02:44:34 PM »
If you want an M1, you should reserve an M1. That way, we'll get the M1. And maybe, just maybe, we will send a message to BLI that reminds them they make other PRR steamers and have the option to sell them in N. This is not the time to stick to your principals.
Josh Surkosky

Here's a Clerihew about Ed. K.

Ed Kapucinski
Every night, he plants a new tree.
But mention his law
and you've pulled your last straw!

Alternate version:
Ed Kapucinski
Every night, he plants a new tree.
He asks excitedly "Did you say Ménage à Trois?"
No, I said "Ed's Law."

VonRyan

• Crew
  • Running on fumes
  • Respect: +608
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 04:53:23 PM »
If you want an M1, you should reserve an M1. That way, we'll get the M1. And maybe, just maybe, we will send a message to BLI that reminds them they make other PRR steamers and have the option to sell them in N. This is not the time to stick to your principals.

This.

As long as whoever I pre-order through takes paypal, it should be super-easy.
If they require a direct credit card, then I may end up missing the pre-order date owning to having to coordinate not only telling my mother the idea, but also finding the time where she would actually be willing to sit down and do the pre-order.

-Cody F.
Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.
Tired.
Fighting to reclaim shreds of the past.

jdcolombo

• Crew
  • Respect: +926
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 07:11:32 PM »

I've got no reason to order an M1 (I model the NKP in 1957), but I'm going to anyway.  If we want more products like these from N scale manufacturers, we have to be willing to step to the plate, if financially possible, and show the market exists.

Wait - I just realized there was an interchange between the PRR and the NKP at Bellevue; I didn't model it on my layout, but I can't be sure that an M1 didn't show up one day on NKP rails as a result of a temporary re-route over a blocked PRR main.  The two ran side-by-side for a bit through Bellevue, and I have photos of an SP 2-10-4 sitting on PRR rails right next to the Bellevue freight station.  An M1 surely would have been a possibility . . .  I can make it work!

John C.

reinhardtjh

• Crew
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 07:30:34 PM »
Hey John, are you sure that's a SP 2-10-4?  In 1956 the PRR leased about 25 Santa Fe 2-10-4's and ran them from Columbus north on the coal and ore trains to Cleveland, Sandusky and other Great Lakes ports.  It could be one of those.

Notice at 2:09 they are hauling some N&W coal hoppers that look suspiciously like H2a's...
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566