Author Topic: Parts packaging suggestion to MFR's  (Read 1819 times)

Jeff AKA St0rm

• Crew
  • Respect: +47
Re: Parts packaging suggestion to MFR's
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 12:16:40 PM »
Well it was about 3 or 4 years ago on The Big Bang Theory that Sheldon put and N-Scale Loco in his mouth and he is supposed to be about 28-30 years old so maybe the age should be raised to 30 because he could of chocked.  :facepalm:

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 12:17:57 PM »
Well it was about 3 or 4 years ago on The Big Bang Theory that Sheldon put and N-Scale Loco in his mouth and he is supposed to be about 28-30 years old so maybe the age should be raised to 30 because he could of chocked.  :facepalm:

Stupidity is not age-dependent.

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7958
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2014, 01:29:35 PM »
Evidence for a legal nanny state.  Some litigious individual obviously leveraged the absence of said warning in the past to squeeze a company and now it is legislated.  Kind of like the "danger, this coffee is hot!!!!" nonsense.

It's not so much a nanny state as the "it's not my fault I'm stupid" culture, reinforced by insurance companies who want to recoup every last penny of shareholder value, societal costs be damned...

Why do coffee cups say coffee is hot? Well, because someone didn't take proper precautions and drove with coffee in their lap (although this case is a bad example, because when it was dug into, McDonalds did indeed have their coffee brewing equipment set way too hot).

It's all about the threat of a lawsuit. I wholly believe that it's what's going to ultimately doom western society. Not lawyers doing their jobs, but the system not being setup to place a burden of "reasonable behavior" on the part of a plaintiff.

VonRyan

• Crew
  • Running on fumes
  • Respect: +597
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 02:24:01 PM »
I guess I really am old fashioned since I was raised to take responsibility for my own faults and not schlep the blame onto others. If you burn yourself, it's your fault, not the coffee. If you trip on a crack I the sidewalk, perhaps you should pick up your feet and walk like a human being.  :facepalm:

-Cody F.

To be more on-topic, I generally put parts and such into boxes, in their original packaging. Yea, it'd be nice if all manufactures used resealable bags, but at least the parts are in a bag, resealable or not.
Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.
Tired.
Fighting to reclaim shreds of the past.

Ike the BN Freak

• Crew
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 03:16:26 PM »
so maybe the age should be raised to 30 because he could of chocked.  :facepalm:

Or not...being I then couldn't have any for another 8 months...

Ike the BN Freak

• Crew
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 03:23:09 PM »
I guess I really am old fashioned since I was raised to take responsibility for my own faults and not schlep the blame onto others. If you burn yourself, it's your fault, not the coffee. If you trip on a crack I the sidewalk, perhaps you should pick up your feet and walk like a human being.  :facepalm:

-Cody F.

Cody, that just makes you a responsible person...but as Ed said, the culture is pushing people to nothing is my fault, its someone elses, regardless of how stupid they are.

As for the original topic, I keep my parts in small plastic boxes that are designed for beading.  I got a couple of cases that hold 16 boxes each, that are around 2-3 cubic inches each, so more than large enough for any detail parts.  So packaging for me isn't as big of a deal, but do agree about the watching where the holes get punched.

Joetrain59

• Crew
  • Respect: +75
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 04:24:04 PM »
Wow, I didn't realize I could get those bags so cheap. I want zip bags to put in little bins with index cards for labeling, or something like that.
 Thanks,
 Joe D