Author Topic: ACF 70 ton two bay hopper  (Read 2055 times)

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: ACF 70 ton two bay hopper
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 09:49:19 PM »
 I knew I had a pair of Kato ACF 70 ton hoppers sonewhere but as they were CB&Q I didn't want to donate them. Having dug them out (once again, thanks to those that helped me get over the brain cramp) I was disappointed to see they are way, way too dark gray. The CB&Q hoppers were light grey (BLMA has it perfect IMHO) so it now appears I do have a couple of donor cars for either two Westvaco soda ash haulers or maybe just one and add a Kimberly Clark hopper for either soda ash or clay.

I'll take Jason and Bryan's advice and make open side versions of them as the only references I can find are Bowser and IM's HO and O scale models of the Westvaco and KC cars (I know, rule # 1, don't model something from another model) but it's all I can find.....
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:54:02 PM by Puddington »
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Jeff AKA St0rm

• Crew
  • Respect: +47
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 10:11:57 PM »
I knew I had a pair of Kato ACF 70 ton hoppers sonewhere but as they were CB&Q I didn't want to donate them. Having dug them out (once again, thanks to those that helped me get over the brain cramp) I was disappointed to see they are way, way too dark gray. The CB&Q hoppers were light grey (BLMA has it perfect IMHO) so it now appears I do have a couple of donor cars for either two Westvaco soda ash haulers or maybe just one and add a Kimberly Clark hopper for either soda ash or clay.

I'll take Jason and Bryan's advice and make open side versions of them as the only references I can find are Bowser and IM's HO and O scale models of the Westvaco and KC cars (I know, rule # 1, don't model something from another model) but it's all I can find.....

Hey Mike, I have 6 of the deluxe cars if you want them. Let me know u can pick them up at the store.

fredmoehrle

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 12:22:41 PM »
Last year Dave from Delux said that the ACF hopper was one of the molds that got "lost" in China.
Keep meaning to ask if anything came of that.