Author Topic: Microscale NYO&W decals..  (Read 1156 times)

LV LOU

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
Microscale NYO&W decals..
« on: March 08, 2014, 10:59:31 AM »
 Apparently,I'm not going to get an answer from Microscale,sent an E-mail two weeks ago.. :x
  Anybody know if their O&W decals come with the stripes now? Their description says: "Revised,now comes with O&W marking"..Their O&W sets never had the stripes,wonder what "O&W markings" means..

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4529
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Microscale NYO&W decals..
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 01:58:38 PM »
Isn't the actual artwork for the decal posted on their  website?  That would show you exactly what is on the sheet.
. . . 42 . . .

LV LOU

• Crew
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 02:17:24 PM »
Looks like the same old pic,same 20 year old set I have..
   Man,am I ticked.I have an ABA set of f3's,and a few sets of old Northeast O&W decals.I did all the right stuff,coated them with Microscale decal film,let it dry overnight.Decals came off perfect,no problems.Put them on,used Micro Set,went on great.Put a coat of Micro Sol on after they set up a little,looked perfect..Came back the next morning,the decals FELL OFF,were laying on my desk like dried up,cracked,warped old potato chips.They didn't even survive me picking them up..

Kisatchie

• Crew
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 05:50:01 PM »
...Came back the next morning,the decals FELL OFF,were laying on my desk like dried up,cracked,warped old potato chips.They didn't even survive me picking them up..

It sounds like you left the decals to dry with the locos standing upright. If you did, then you need to lie them on their sides, put the decals on, let them dry thoroughly, then you can turn the shells over and decal the other sides.

Hmm... mmm, potato
chips...

Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

LV LOU

• Crew
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 09:06:22 PM »
 Kiz,I've done that a million times,never had a problem before.On average,I've probably been painting & decaling at least 5 or 6 locomotives a month for 40 years.The way the decals looked and acted,it seems as if they actually deformed,and unattached themselves.