Author Topic: BLI 2014  (Read 2253 times)

wes_sutton

• Crew
  • Respect: +110
    • http://www.users.bigpond.com/grms
Re: BLI 2014
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 07:11:01 AM »
"It's about nothing."

"Everybody's doing something, we'll do nothing"

Alwyn Cutmore

• Crew
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 07:14:16 AM »
Once again this is all pie in the sky stuff. A vid that runs so fast with more blurs than a speeding bullet that you do not know what they are doing. Go shove it BLI produce what you are going to produce but I will never buy any of their product. I would rather a kit bash than any of their models. No committment, no confirmation, no credibility. Go away.
Al Cutmore
Slobbering Pennsy Shark Nose Freak
Australia

bman

• Crew
  • I gotta have more Conrail!
  • Respect: +72
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 10:32:54 AM »
I went straight to the source.  Pulled up BLI's website and looked at the expected delivery schedule.  The only N product on there was Alco PA's and B's.
It was last updated on Jan 21, 2014.  I did take note that the youtube video was posted on Feb 18, so if they have any other N items  they are being kept a secret at the moment. 

jmlaboda

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 02:24:13 PM »
"If they finally release the N scale M1a/b, all will be forgiven."

I would feel the same way if it was the N&W hopper since I need these... but I am not holding my breath...

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +106
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 07:47:44 PM »
If they come out with another E-7 in CB&Q  I will pick up one since it is the only decent looking E-7 made.  Other than that I am not really into what they are doing.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

jdcolombo

• Crew
  • Respect: +569
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 08:06:17 PM »
A member of our NTrak club has two of the E7's.  In all respects, I find them excellent - smooth, darn good sound, good pulling power.  I'm in for 4 of the NKP PA's, which will be the first ones delivered with the correct side numberboards and Mars light.  Though I haven't seen their prior run of PA's in person, I'm told they also are excellent. 

BLI never should have announced a Pennsy M1.  I understand today's mentality, particularly among smaller manufacturers: "Announce, get pre-orders to judge the market and then move forward or not depending on the response."  The M1 fiasco has made them forever a laughingstock (unless, as someone pointed out in an earlier response, they actually build it and it is superb; if they don't build it, or build it and it isn't perfect in nearly all respects, they are forever hosed on the M1).  But the M1 shouldn't make us blind to the fact that the stuff they have produced is pretty darn good.  Would it be possible for us as a modeling community to simply forget they ever announced an M1 and simply judge the product they do bring to market?

Nah, I guess not.

But I'm still buying the PA's.

John C.

Scottl

• Crew
  • Respect: +446
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 10:33:06 PM »
So they make great locomotives?  Then why should we hold a grudge if they did not produce one model that was pre-announced?  Sounds kind of bitter to hold it against them.

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +773
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 10:45:16 PM »
So they make great locomotives?  Then why should we hold a grudge if they did not produce one model that was pre-announced?  Sounds kind of bitter to hold it against them.

True that , however BLI says to the LHS's , ( one that I know of ) that pre-orders made , I don't remember it's been that long now  :RUEffinKiddingMe: , can't be canceled . Given their failure to pass this through their birth canal anywhere within reason , I feel like I am not the father , and as such I shouldn't be held to owing child support .

squirrelhunter

• Crew
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2014, 11:30:32 PM »
I might have to get one of those T&P 2-10-4's, even if it is in HO...

And will have to switch to modeling the T&P around Big Spring, TX if it is in N.