Author Topic: Freeware Train Layout Editor with 3D Preview  (Read 29044 times)

Mixy

• Crew
  • Respect: +6
    • The best track planning software ever
Re: Freeware Train Layout Editor with 3D Preview
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2015, 11:06:38 AM »
Here are listed the SCARM railway blog articles for April.

Check also the recently published first SCARM fleet with several N-scale vessels (created by John Lemay) and download the project file if you want to use some of these ships in your SCARM layouts.

Emma Maersk container carrier

Different lake freighters

Lansdowne rail ferry

And there are more... :)

Mixy

Mixy

• Crew
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2015, 12:07:59 PM »
Read more about SCARM and Windows 10 if you plan to migrate to the new operating system and use SCARM on it.

Most users that already upgraded reports that SCARM runs fine, even faster on Windows 10, but if your case is not the same, post here or comment in the blog for any issues or weird behavior when running SCARM on the new OS.

And here are the SCARM model railway blog posts for May, June and July.

Mixy

Mixy

• Crew
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2015, 05:00:07 AM »
The new version SCARM v. 0.9.30 is ready and published, coming with new features, many updated track libraries in N scale and also new libs in other scales. Read more details here:

SCARM Model Train Layout Software 0.9.30 Released

Hope you will like it ;)

Mixy

Mixy

• Crew
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2015, 06:56:59 AM »
The next version SCARM 0.9.31 is ready and published, coming with important new safety features - read more details here:

SCARM Model Railroad Track Planner 0.9.31 Released

This version should fix the "scramble" bug, which may appear in the older releases, so update is recommended ;)

Mixy

Mixy

• Crew
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2016, 09:19:29 AM »
And here is the list with SCARM railway blog posts for December.

The last post for 2015 represents the beautiful Badalona train station in N scale as virtual model in SCARM, ready for using in your N gauge track plans and designs :)

Mixy

learmoia

• Crew
  • Respect: +907
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2016, 10:19:08 AM »
This may turn into a new feature idea..

I've got a large layout designed with Atlas Code 55 track, but want to switch to Peco code 55.. so (unless I'm missing something) it'd be nice to bulk change pieces of track. 

Granted, I can take the inventory and just say #10=large radius, #7=medium radius, #5=small radius, Flex=flex.. but I had to recalculate the qty based on 36" flex vs 30" flex.

But with the geometry changes, I understand it's not just a straight conversion.

~Ian
~Ian

learmoia

• Crew
  • Respect: +907
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2016, 11:29:31 PM »
This may turn into a new feature idea..

I've got a large layout designed with Atlas Code 55 track, but want to switch to Peco code 55.. so (unless I'm missing something) it'd be nice to bulk change pieces of track. 

Granted, I can take the inventory and just say #10=large radius, #7=medium radius, #5=small radius, Flex=flex.. but I had to recalculate the qty based on 36" flex vs 30" flex.

But with the geometry changes, I understand it's not just a straight conversion.

~Ian

Update...

I downloaded the latest version and found the 'select by list'.. So I selected all the Atlas #5s, hit delete, then went around and inserted Peco Code 55 switches.. In some cases I could put in Mediums, the rest smalls.

Then I did the same thing with #7s and #10s.. (I was able to replace alot of #7s with Peco Large radius curves.)

The only issue I have left is flex track.. When I've been doing new fill in I've been using peco, but I can't convert all of it without loosing my end points. ~Ian
~Ian

Mixy

• Crew
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2016, 02:41:51 PM »
Hello Ian,

Not sure how you are doing the conversion of the switches, but there is no match between Atlas and Peco turnouts dimensions and geometry - you will need to edit the neighbor tracks too in order to obtain all joins after conversion.

About flex-tracks - no conversion is needed here. You can use "Select by list" again for the flex tracks and see the total length of selected flex pieces in the status bar. Then you should divide that length to 914mm (or 36") and you will find how many Peco flex tracks will be needed.

Mixy

Mixy

• Crew
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2016, 12:37:43 PM »
Here is the only post in SCARM Railway Modelling Blog for January:

Reset SCARM Settings to Defaults

Use the method, described above if you want to revert to default settings and/or if you have troubles when starting the program - resetting can be of help.

I am in process of finishing some new features in SCARM and the next version will be released soon :)

Mixy

Mixy

• Crew
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2016, 12:24:57 PM »
And the post for February is about possible Discrepancy Between Elements on the Layout and the Parts List - check it to see what are the most common causes for that.

Mixy

Mixy

• Crew
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2016, 10:13:40 AM »
The new version SCARM 0.9.32 is ready and published, coming with new Flip and Rotate features and many new and updated track libraries. Read more details here:

SCARM Model Railway Layout Software 0.9.32 Released

This version also fixes several annoying bugs that may appear in the older releases, so update is recommended :)

Mixy

Mixy

• Crew
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2016, 10:49:53 AM »
Here are the SCARM Railway Blog posts for March and April.

The next version of the program is on the the way, so check the SCARM website regularly :)

Mixy

Mixy

• Crew
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2016, 02:09:21 AM »
If you want to play with SCARM track planning software on a mobile device, this is already possible. See how below:

Using SCARM on iPad and Android Tablets

Mixy

Mixy

• Crew
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2016, 05:15:13 AM »
The new SCARM v. 0.9.33 is ready and published, coming with several new features and updated track libraries, including KATO N Unitrack. Read more details here:

SCARM Model Railway Track Planning Software 0.9.33 Released

Hope you will like it :)

Mixy