Author Topic: Cure for sticky resin?  (Read 1787 times)

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
Re: Cure for sticky resin?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2014, 03:06:26 PM »
...one of the reasons I purchased this one is because it was in the white box, which I'm pretty sure was one of the earlier kits.

Yes, indeed, so it may not be as far removed from the master as I suspected. Mine was a brown box version, which I suspect was down a couple of generations, judging by the distortions.

Overall, I think the good qualities outweigh the bad on this kit.

I agree.

robwill84

• Crew
  • Respect: +102
Re: Cure for sticky resin?
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2014, 09:15:55 PM »
If you give me the exact dims of the window openings I could easily make you a couple sheets of fine laser-cut windows that will be easy to install.

Thanks, that's very generous of you! I just went ahead and started cutting them out for this project, but I may take you up on some laser cut goodies in the future!

Here is what I came up with for this. I measured the middle of the window openings and drew a straight line across. Then I applied Scotch tape to the back, so that each window opening was sticky. Next I superglued a strip of thin styrene to the back of the tape, using the centerline as a guide. I used strip wood for the mullions, and the sticky tape helped hold them in place. When I had a row in, I put a tiny dot of  superglue in in each corner. The wood absorbed excess glue and made a nice neat joint. Then I could remove the tape, and add an extra dab of glue on the back of each joint. Tedious, but it gets the job done!