Author Topic: Chlorine Canister Flat Car Build  (Read 3360 times)

JMaurer1

• Crew
  • Respect: +291
Re: Chlorine Canister Flat Car Build
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 01:45:16 PM »
That's right, sorry about that. Still is a great kit (as all of your kits seem to be).
Sacramento Valley NRail and NTrak
We're always looking for new members

JMaurer1

• Crew
  • Respect: +291
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 01:51:34 PM »
This thread got me back into checking out the info that I've accumulated and here's something helpful. In looking at the photos I have there seems to be two different 'types' of tanks loaded; either concave or concave with a 'bubble'. After a bit more searching, I found out that:

The tanks are NOT the same on both sides. Both sides are concave, but only one side has the little 'bubble' cover than protects the valve of the tank.

Sacramento Valley NRail and NTrak
We're always looking for new members

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4584
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 03:46:15 PM »
I'm thinking I need to make all of the data I've acquired public (photos, road and number data, etc). Maybe TrainCat will include it with his kits :).

You did email me bunch of photos (for which I'm grateful). We talked about me posting them on my Photobucket account, but many of them have copyright on them, so I don't want to get in trouble by posting them publicly.

Thanks for the info about the tank ends!  So, they are not symmetrical.  Interesting.

Even though these are discontinued, Bob might stil have few left. I bought one from him (my 2nd one) at the Springfield show.  Contact him directly to see if any are still left.
. . . 42 . . .

Rich_S

• Crew
  • Respect: +148
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 06:21:52 PM »
Steve, The Chlorine Canister Flat Car looks great. I also like the photo in the update thread that shows the tracks crossing over Spencer Mills Road, the use of a photo backdrop of the road is very nice  :)

SAH

• Crew
  • Respect: +1259
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 07:34:34 PM »
The handrails are 0.008 phosphor bronze wire, soldered where the handrail meets the stanchion. CA adhesive where the stanchion tucks under the frame.

Thanks for the photo of the tank JMaurer1.  The next set will only be half a tedious to make.   :D

Thanks Rich.  Visitors always get a kick out that scene.  That and the corn.   :facepalm: :facepalm: