Author Topic: Some other Showcase ideas  (Read 6751 times)

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +1250
Some other Showcase ideas
« on: January 20, 2014, 01:50:35 AM »
I don't want to knock Joe's announcement off track too much so I decided to make a new thread. Here are some ideas for future models:

Plow attachment for your trucks, maybe with a sander body that would fit in a modified dump bed?

Modern pumper body and accessories for International 4000 and Loadstar cab/chassis.

Box truck body for International Cab/chassis

Flat bed tow truck body for International cab/chassis

Home heating oil body for International cab/chassis or Athearn Ford C.

International school bus

80's era American passenger vehicles (Chrysler K cars, Econoline vans, town cars etc.)

70's era luxury cars (Elderado, Continental etc.)

I can provide any measurements you need for fire trucks along with their accessories (lights, horns, hose spools, air tanks, etc.) and the home heating oil trucks.
There's a shyness found in reason
Apprehensive influence swallow away
You seem to feel abysmal take it
Then you're careful grace for sure
Kinda like the way you're breathing
Kinda like the way you keep looking away

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2288
Re: Some other Showcase ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 03:20:36 AM »
... 80's era American passenger vehicles (Chrysler K cars, Econoline vans, town cars etc.)... 70's era luxury cars (Elderado, Continental etc.)...

Don't overlook licensing issues with >1955 American cars. Not only do we not want Joe and Walter to get any of those nasty "cease and desist" letters, I'd rather see their time spent on making more great models rather than doing the lawyer paper chase for licensing.

Just sayin'.  :|

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +1250
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 03:52:08 AM »
Mike, they have avoided it so far by using "F-type" and "I-type" in place of the actual names.
There's a shyness found in reason
Apprehensive influence swallow away
You seem to feel abysmal take it
Then you're careful grace for sure
Kinda like the way you're breathing
Kinda like the way you keep looking away

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2288
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 04:12:41 AM »
That's probably OK in the micro-niche of medium straight trucks ("more trouble than it's worth"), but if they start doing recognizable cars somebody's nose will get out of joint for sure. GM and Chrysler have entire legal departments devoted to scouring consumer markets for image infringements, with no tolerance threshold. Ford does as well, but they are apparently more accommodating of small-quantity model manufacturers than the other two. IOW, there'd still be a nasty letter, but the licensing terms might be more palatable for a limited-production model maker.

IMO this is a "don't go there". Showcase has become a juggernaut in fine-scale details production, and as a community we are in awe of the continuous stream of new high-quality product. I don't want this fantastic momentum derailed by a legal pi$$ing contest they cannot win.

sizemore

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 09:31:05 AM »
Late 60's, early 70's (pre '73) crew cab pickups. We have enough of the bigger trucks but nothing of the smaller variety.

The S.

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +831
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 12:07:35 PM »
Maybe some Hi-Rail wheels as a separate part, unless they have those already and I missed them. Then some of these trucks could be made into Hi-Rail trucks, although it might be too difficult to make a one-size-fits-all set for them.

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +584
    • My train pics
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 01:26:52 PM »
Don't overlook licensing issues with >1955 American cars. Not only do we not want Joe and Walter to get any of those nasty "cease and desist" letters, I'd rather see their time spent on making more great models rather than doing the lawyer paper chase for licensing.

Just sayin'.  :|

Why not something that looks every bit as elegant as a K car, but isn't? I'd be all over some fine Reliant automobiles  ;)

Rockysgn

• Respect: 0
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 08:59:43 PM »
I would like to see some mid to late 60's medium truck. Some that we could use for signal maintainers and crew cab pickups.

I too would like to see some more truck beds like the fuel tanks.

Thanks Larry

JoeW

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
    • N Layout list
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 09:25:04 PM »
Nice list of new bodies and parts developing here.

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +351
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 09:54:34 PM »
Late 60's, early 70's (pre '73) crew cab pickups. We have enough of the bigger trucks but nothing of the smaller variety.

The S.

Hopefully staying in the late 60s end, but I don't agree we have enough big trucks.  A crew cab IH for that era would be nice and a cherry picker and crane bed.  Still hoping for more body styles, like a Cracker Box and more.  And yes, some smaller trucks TOO.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Ike the BN Freak

• Crew
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 01:41:44 AM »
I'd like to see more late 80s to early 90s vehicles, mostly passenger cars and smaller trucks.

arbomambo

• Crew
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 08:54:23 AM »
I'd like to see more lineside and trackside details and structures...telephone poles, shacks, switch machines, more signal styles,etc...
Showcase Miniature produce a lot more than just vehicles, but some more transition era vehicles would also be welcome.
~Bruce
"STILL Thrilled to be in N scale!"

Bruce M. Arbo
CATT- Coastal Alabama T-TRAK
https://nationalt-traklayout.com/

TrainCat2

• Crew
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +802
    • TrainCat Model Sales
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 09:54:25 AM »
I'd like to see more lineside and trackside details and structures...telephone poles, shacks, switch machines, more signal styles,etc...
Showcase Miniature produce a lot more than just vehicles, but some more transition era vehicles would also be welcome.
~Bruce

Bruce, you may want to peruse the NZT catalog.
Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards

Pomperaugrr

• Crew
  • Respect: +1197
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 10:13:52 AM »
I would love to see a detailed propane delivery truck/body. 

Eric

Roger Holmes

• Crew
  • Respect: +580
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 12:06:25 PM »
Some  :ashat: lawyers spend their earnings on N scale trains and vehicles  :D
Best regards,

Roger

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.  Those who understand the binary system and those who don't.