Author Topic: New Illinois Central and VIA Rail smoothside passenger sets from Kato.  (Read 4544 times)

nickelplate759

• Crew
  • Respect: +994
Re: New Illinois Central and VIA Rail smoothside passenger sets from Kato.
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2014, 10:07:35 PM »
Just realized that although the IC E8A units have no DB, the E8B does have the DB.   Wierd.
George
NKPH&TS #3628

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

rsn48

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2014, 01:52:17 PM »
+1
The true believers versus the sinners debate, should we accept compromise or not - hell, no. 

I estimate I have roughly 20 years of life left, how much of it healthy and mobile I don't know but I do know I soon will be wanting to run stuff NOW!, not some waiting for Godot productions in the future.  When I was close to laying track Atlas announced its code 55 track so I thought I'd go with it.  And I waited, and waited, and waited, finally I said to myself - to heck with that if I lay Peco 55 track which is mildly bullet proof, I'll have something up, and that is what I did.

For the money of course I'd prefer prototypical fidelity but if I'm going to run something now while I'm healthy active and not so wise, I'll buy what I can get today.  I'd like to be a true believer but there is the sinner inside of me to saying - "buy today Rick!"
Hind sight is always better than foresight, except for lost opportunity costs.

eja

• Crew
  • Respect: +198
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2014, 05:45:25 PM »

I estimate I have roughly 20 years of life left, how much of it healthy and mobile I don't know but I do know I soon will be wanting to run stuff NOW!, 

Oh how I can relate to that sentiment !!