Author Topic: Bmann NW-2  (Read 7068 times)

Freight Train

• Crew
  • Respect: +21
Re: Bmann NW-2
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2014, 03:56:50 PM »
"Update”  I finally got around to fixing the Kato NW-2 that I had problems with having slipping gears. Both large white gears ( one on the motor shaft plus the other on inside the gear housing that snaps onto the bottom of the motor) using the super glue method. On the one inside the gear housing I did some lite filing on the shaft to give it some tooth for the glue to bond to. At the motor was a different story. I didn't want to pull the fly wheel off as there is no room to slide the gear and work on the shaft.So I just glued the gear to the side of the fly wheel. Put it back together and it runs find. Please keep in mind that I bought these used and have no way of knowing how these were treated by the previous owners. I use these switchers mu'ed together and work mainly in the yard either breaking up trains or building them up. I don't like to over work my equipment and want it to last. I just hope Kato is aware of this and design this area a little better than it is. Fix it so those gears can't move and last the life of the engine. :-)
Phoenix Southside Connecting Railroad (H0)
Moose River Railroad (N)