Author Topic: N Scale Speaker Comparison (Video)  (Read 2000 times)

nstars

• Crew
  • Respect: +52
Re: N Scale Speaker Comparison (Video)
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 04:57:25 PM »
Nope.

Would like to one, but I don't really need another sound decoder for my Big Boy, and the other steamer sound files aren't relevant to any of my models.  If they do a file for an NKP Berkshire or a USRA Mikado, I'll probably get one to try.  I didn't really consider using the BigBoy sound file for the EM-1.  Guess that would have been possible.

John C.

I have tried several steam sounds in a Loksound Select Micro decoder, but the steam sounds from Loksound are not completely up to par with the Tsunami. The diesel sounds for the Loksound are absolutely perfect. In the video a a couple of N scale Kato E8's are shown with a loksound Select Micro decoder. The speaker is a small 15x11x8 mm sugar cube type speaker with enclosure. In my opinion the results are very good. especially the horn is very convincing.

Marc

carlso

• Crew
  • Respect: +488
Re: N Scale Speaker Comparison (Video)
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 09:48:57 PM »
Marc -

thanks for the vid. I agree, the horn sound in the vid is the best I have heard from any other diesel sound decoder. I think you are correct in the comment about  the Tsunami vs. Select Micro with one exception. Why didn't Soundtraxx go the full route and add the typical petcock steam release when a loco starts moving? ?

Carl
Carl Sowell
El Paso, Texas