0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
"Weather a Locomotive in 7 minutes..."
IMO, this was one of the worst articles I've ever seen in MR. It should never have made it to press. Worthless.
What step am I missing. This article said no fixative needed.
Now that I think about it I have come to realize this thread is just another excuse to bash MR.
Read the posts carefully: I'm not bashing the magazine, but instead the author and his dubious notion of turning the weathering process into a race against the clock. It's an exercise in slap-dash (read: sloppy) modeling, IMO.
So what is wrong with the article?It is about using the Pan Pastels to weather a locomotive.It also shows how quickly it can be done which was the main point of the article.There is no law in model railroading thart says you have to work as fast as Tony did.Now that I think about it I have come to realize this thread is just another excuse to bash MR.
I read the article with a great deal of interest because one of the methods I use on my structures for coloration (and weathering) is a technique I call "chalk painting" where I apply the color to a flat white base just like most of us apply weathering. I have ordered a set of basic earth colors that I will try out and report back here what I have found.