When hand-drilling metal with small drill bits, I lubricate with beeswax. No idea if this is best practice, but it makes a huge difference in how the bit cuts.
MH
I always put a drop of oil on a bit when drilling metal. It didn't matter at all on the cheap bits. I wish I had kept them
before I threw them out so I could show a photo. They have really cheaply cut flutes and a rather blunt end. They
hardly qualify as drill bits at all. To be fair, I did complain to them and they asked me what I wanted. I told them
that seeing as how I had used and broken some, how about they refund half my money and I'd consider it fair.
They did, so although the bits were cheap, they are an honest seller. I described the problems to them and told them
that I strongly suggested they find another source for their wire drills. I doubt they will.