0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Absolutely "zero" complaints from me. The scene looks amazingly realistic. I think your power lines have exactly the right effect - just enough to fill in that subconscious awareness of "what's right" but not so much as to attract too much attention. Very well done.BTW, the only thing in this otherwise spectacularly convincing scene that gives it away (other than the glimpse of the fascia at the edge) is that long wobbly gray structure in the back. Is that one of your future subjects for refinement? That aside, this a some exceptionally fine scale modeling.
...Now I need to put another pole in between all the existing poles.
Even the prototype lines disappear into the scenery when photographed from above at a downward angle. They would stand up more if your photos were ground up, no?
Doesn't all that wire get in the way of cleaning, derailments, switch-throwing, re-railing, uncoupling, etc? Not to mention less than attentive guest engineers.
Yes. But the lines are made of an elastic material that will stretch when accidentally hit so as not to come unattached or disrupt the poles. Daryl
Now, if we only had something like the Rix crossarms available in N-scale!
I would think that the fine stuff, 0.006", would be perfect for high tension wires in N-Scale. I'm talking about the wire that is found on the large steel towers. That stuff has to be an inch or so in diameter.Doug