Author Topic: Nato's Foob Canadian  (Read 997 times)

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
Nato's Foob Canadian
« on: August 01, 2013, 07:11:30 PM »
 :|         After learning that Pud is now working for Rapido Trains I decided to dig out one of my Foob Canadian trains and show case. Just one major problem, buried away somewhere are the 4 Trix Maroon and Gray F units that I super detailed with Miniatures  by Eric weatherization hatches and other nice roof top details, so I had to settle for two Model Power no detailed CP FP-7' s .The cars are Con Cor and as can be seen are not totally accurately marked. Duplex sleepers should have a maroon stripe betaeen the upper windows, the Dome Obs car should have the maroon stripe wrap around the rear end. Of course  we all know that CP Dome Obs cars had no rear taillight Via applied them later. The biggest error is Con Cor got the height of the rear roof on the obs car wrong, it was correct on their earlier model of this car. The photos are thanks to Bob Gilmore. We shot the first photo using  the natural light coming in to the train room. There is obvious photo shopping of the sky in two shots. Enjoy these shots and the Run By Photos . Someday I will dig out my Action Red painted train with some kit bashed cars. Nate Goodman (Nato).

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
Re: Nato's Foob Canadian Run By Photos
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 07:28:54 PM »
 :|      Here are the Run By Photos of the Canadian. This train does not get run much  by me ,because the cars still have the awful Con Cor Knuckle couplers that will not stay coupled together ,but couple the cars really close. Nate Goodman (Nato).

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: Nato's Foob Canadian
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 08:27:46 PM »
A foobie "Canadian" is far better than no "Canadian" and until I find the super secret shrink ray hidden deep in the bowels of Rapido that's going to be what we have.... The Kato dining car is very close to the "Canadian" dining cars and is an easy bash. The Con Cor dome observation can be made into a Park car with a lot of work but removing the Mars light alone does help. Nothing matches the Skyline mid train domes very well and the coaches are; well.... Coaches.... Don't bother trying to match the Manor and Chateau sleepers with anything available... Nor the baggage dorm....

Loks great Nato..... Foobie on my friend !
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!