Author Topic: Product Review-NZT Tie Plates & Joiners  (Read 3589 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

towl1996

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 818
  • Chairman of TRW Busty Cougar Welcoming Committee
  • Respect: +186
Product Review-NZT Tie Plates & Joiners
« on: July 26, 2013, 11:48:42 AM »
0
I had no real expectations about this product..., you know it's NZT, I knew it would be nice. I had bought the NZT railroad ties, so, naturally, I thought these two together would make a neat little scene.

Since I'm getting older, the eyes aren't what they used to be, I examine all my N scale purchases under magnification. Once I put this product under the lens I was BLOWN AWAY!!! My first thought was this guy is certifiably NUTS!  :) The level of detail is incredible, each piece is individual and each piece has spike or bolt holes in it and the quality and clarity of the casting is unbelieveable. This "simple" detail item is an N scale work of art.

I dare anyone to purchase this product and come back here and say they are not impressed. Every N scaler should own this product, you owe it to your self. It is that good. This has to be the FINEST mass produced N scale detail item ever made. Get this while you can, we all know what happens to N scale items when we wait, they disappear.

As someone else has mentioned, a gondola load would be cool too.  :D

Disclaimer: I am not associated with NZT in any fashion. I received no monies from NZT for this review, heck I don't even know David, never meet him, and don't want any thing from him. Just really impressed. Go buy this for yourself and one for a friend, they'll thank you.
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Denver Road Doug

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2120
  • Respect: +29
    • Mockingbird Industrial
Re: Product Review-NZT Tie Plates & Joiners
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 11:51:45 AM »
0
My first thought was this guy is certifiably NUTS!  :)

+1
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

Catt

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1721
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +28
    • Boylerwerx
Re: Product Review-NZT Tie Plates & Joiners
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 12:07:29 PM »
0
DKS is a model railroader as well as a manufacturer of course he is certifiably nuts,it comes with the territory.I just hope there is no cure.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made

Chris333

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 19604
  • Respect: +6932
Re: Product Review-NZT Tie Plates & Joiners
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 01:33:39 PM »
0
Guess you could say he wouldn't sell anything that he wouldn't use his self.

sdodge

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 214
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: -1
Re: Product Review-NZT Tie Plates & Joiners
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 02:27:36 PM »
0
OK, based on your review I ordered these + a bunch of other NZT stuff I have been meaning to get so they better be good!  :D    Thanks for the nudge. I could find only one dealer that has these.

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16561
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7450
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Product Review-NZT Tie Plates & Joiners
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 02:45:31 PM »
0
As David's book keeper, I just want to let you know your check is in the mail... :D
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Alaska Railroader

  • Guest
Re: Product Review-NZT Tie Plates & Joiners
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 03:37:02 PM »
0
I could find only one dealer that has these.

Ouch, that hurts  :?  Stonebridge Models carries everything NZT makes. For what its worth it took a little bit of effort to laser all those little buggers   :D

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9027
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: Product Review-NZT Tie Plates & Joiners
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 03:41:06 PM »
0
OK, based on your review I ordered these + a bunch of other NZT stuff I have been meaning to get so they better be good!  :D    Thanks for the nudge. I could find only one dealer that has these.

Do you mean the NZT Dealer network had only one dealer with stock to send?

http://www.nztproducts.com/dealers.htm
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


sdodge

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 214
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: -1
Re: Product Review-NZT Tie Plates & Joiners
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 04:15:51 PM »
0
Ouch, that hurts  :?  Stonebridge Models carries everything NZT makes. For what its worth it took a little bit of effort to laser all those little buggers   :D

I did not see the piles of tie plates on your web site. Did I miss something?

Only one dealer on the NZT network had the tie plates listed (That I found).

Alaska Railroader

  • Guest
Re: Product Review-NZT Tie Plates & Joiners
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 04:18:48 PM »
0
I did not see the piles of tie plates on your web site. Did I miss something?

Uh oh, you're RIGHT! And I'll give you one guess who my web master is  :o  8)  Oh the irony....

MichaelWinicki

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2096
  • Respect: +335
Re: Product Review-NZT Tie Plates & Joiners
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 04:59:55 PM »
0
I did not see the piles of tie plates on your web site. Did I miss something?

Only one dealer on the NZT network had the tie plates listed (That I found).

Yeah, I've been visiting the website of the Maryland folks several times– looking for the new stuff but nada so far.

DKS

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 13424
  • Respect: +7027
Re: Product Review-NZT Tie Plates & Joiners
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 06:11:22 PM »
0
Uh oh, you're RIGHT! And I'll give you one guess who my web master is  :o  8)  Oh the irony....

My bad! My bad!

Thanks so much for the nice review.

And yes, I am nuts.

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9960
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Product Review-NZT Tie Plates & Joiners
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 07:07:09 PM »
0
I didn't know of these I think . :?


Richie Dost

DKS

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 13424
  • Respect: +7027

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9960
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Product Review-NZT Tie Plates & Joiners
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2013, 07:20:27 PM »
0
Thanks Dave . I went to the Stonebridge site and they are not listed , but ordered 2 NZT Atlas 4-4-0 upgrade kits. Now I am off to the great tie plate hunt .


Richie Dost