Author Topic: Annual MTL Body Style Hunt.  (Read 13534 times)

spookshow

• Crew
  • Respect: +1720
    • Model Railroading Projects & Resources
Re: Annual MTL Body Style Hunt.
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 06:31:37 PM »
Hey, let's go off-topic. Whatever happened to the idea of including car name decals with the various no-name Pullman cars? IIRC, I was told to "be patient" on this particular request a year or two ago.

Cheers,
-Mark

P.S. Oh yeah, and we need more Pennsy steam  :D

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1102
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 06:33:38 PM »
Ok Joe, you know I'm going to ask (beg) for a single window heavyweight coach..... In addition a HW baggage wouldn't offend anyone.... How about Procor pressure unload hoppers, the "hot dog on wheels" type....

We've already done the design work for the single window coach...it's going to happen...as will a HW Baggage car.
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

pjm20

• Crew
  • Modeling the Bellefonte Central
  • Respect: +142
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2013, 06:35:20 PM »
We've already done the design work for the single window coach...it's going to happen...as will a HW Baggage car.

What are the prototypes for these? Also +1 on the Pullman name decals and Pennsy steam request.  :D
Peter
Modeling the Bellefonte Central Railroad circa 1953
PRRT&HS #8862
Live Steam Enthusiast

Check out my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/PennsyModeler

ljudice

• Crew
  • Respect: +238
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2013, 06:36:00 PM »
Modern Southeastern Woodchip Cars!

60-70's  52'  gondolas!!!

rogergperkins

• Crew
  • Modeling the B&O in central IL in autumn of 1940's
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2013, 06:38:30 PM »
May as well dream, so am adding heavy weight B&O in the diner and baggage body styles and any other HW body styles introduced for 2014.

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4229
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2013, 06:42:13 PM »
Hi All.

I have a few more spots opening up for next year's production and have some ideas, but always interested in what you folks are looking for....

See Eric.  I gave him one cool tooling suggestion that MTL is in a unique position to implement.

... Input, other than the expected snarky stuff, has been invaluable and greatly appreciated.  So with that, I'm looking for subjects that ran on more than just on New Haven or Pennsylvania :)

You currently have models based on NH prototypes that have yet to be released in NH decorations, so it's a stretch to tout those NH credentials! :cool:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 06:48:36 PM by bbussey »
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

eric220

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Continuing my abomination unto history
  • Respect: +607
    • The Modern PRR
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2013, 07:13:28 PM »
Realizing that I'm breaking the "no PRR" rule, what about an X29 boxcar? They were so numerous and well-travelled, they'd be at home in their Pennsy paint almost anywhere. For the less serious modeler, the body style would offer a little variation in foobie paint for just about any transition era railroad.
-Eric

Modeling a transcontinental PRR
http://www.pennsylvania-railroad.com

VonRyan

• Crew
  • Running on fumes
  • Respect: +608
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2013, 07:14:56 PM »
Joe, my though is that perhaps you guys at MT could do some generic MOW rolling stock (not saying cranes) of different eras.
(you could do different eras in small monthly-release sets)
Plus be reworking some basic items, you could create some more prototype-specific stock.

One thing that you might want to consider is this:
It'd be more of an add-on part, but it is a sort of cover for the two-bay 55-ton hoppers.
The Reading was the one who came up with it, and it is basically 6 hatches (three on each side) that makes the hopper a psudo-covered-hopper. One hasn't been made in N scale for over 20 years and the person that made it was only a small, one-man operation. He still has one in use on his layout (on an MT hopper, no less) and I can take photos and probably even get copies of his references.

Hope this gives you guys some ideas!

-Cody F.
Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.
Tired.
Fighting to reclaim shreds of the past.

VonRyan

• Crew
  • Running on fumes
  • Respect: +608
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2013, 07:16:03 PM »
Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.
Tired.
Fighting to reclaim shreds of the past.

unittrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +147
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2013, 07:26:34 PM »
60's and 70's era 52' gondolas and my second suggestion would be a properly portioned 60' hy-cube boxcar also we need a decent 70's era bulkhead flat car and even an improved Evans coil car without hoods glued on so we can mix and match them.  8)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 07:28:55 PM by unittrain »

Dave Schneider

• Crew
  • Respect: +50
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2013, 07:29:02 PM »
Three years in a row....but if you keep asking, I'lll keep repeating myself!  :lol:

"1960's" fifty foot plug doors. So many schemes...so many foobies!
Try this one!

Or make Jason and Mike happy!

Best wishes, Dave
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

unittrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +147
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2013, 07:32:27 PM »
Forgot to mention an F89E or F89A flat car.

jagged ben

• Crew
  • Respect: +416
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2013, 07:48:03 PM »
Perhaps Micro-Trains could make a scale, extended coupler box/coupler that would screw into the current coupler box mounting pad on 50' box car underframes (so as to be able to replace the trucks that have the unrealistic extended couplers).

Hear Hear Hear!

pjm20

• Crew
  • Modeling the Bellefonte Central
  • Respect: +142
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2013, 08:11:12 PM »
Realizing that I'm breaking the "no PRR" rule, what about an X29 boxcar? They were so numerous and well-travelled, they'd be at home in their Pennsy paint almost anywhere. For the less serious modeler, the body style would offer a little variation in foobie paint for just about any transition era railroad.

+1, its been so long since we seen new stuff from Red Caboose.
Peter
Modeling the Bellefonte Central Railroad circa 1953
PRRT&HS #8862
Live Steam Enthusiast

Check out my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/PennsyModeler

wcfn100

• Crew
  • Respect: +1128
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2013, 08:41:25 PM »

MTL already does this car - it's the USRA Steal Box.  A new underframe with proper truck spacing would be welcome though.

Forgot to mention an F89E or F89A flat car.

I've mentioned an F89ch on many occasions.  No one has made a low deck flat (except the EXR Vert-a-pak), and the F89ch is the base for the majority of autorack cars from that era.

I could list a dozen cars of all types, but the one thing that stands out for me is a 53'6" non-GSC flat car (all wood deck).  Basically the car that Life-Like did in HO.  Right now the only option is the GHQ/Deluxe Pewter kit and the detail on that is crude at best.  This car would also allow for Trailer Flat in several roads that ran well into the 60's.

Jason