Author Topic: Emptying/Loading Micro-Trains Bi-Level Autoracks?  (Read 1454 times)

Kisatchie

• Crew
  • Respect: +62
Emptying/Loading Micro-Trains Bi-Level Autoracks?
« on: July 08, 2013, 01:50:00 PM »
I have some bi-level autoracks, and I was wondering how you :ashat: s empty/load cars from/into autoracks (without having to lift the cars off the tracks and dumping the cars into your hand. How do you load them, other than putting them in, one at a time.

I was thinking about gluing a narrow strip of clear styrene to the bottom of 5 cars so I could slip the cars in/out of the autorack without too much trouble (I hope).

Anyone have a better idea?

Hmm... this ranks high
on the list of the world's
problems...

Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

Catt

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Boylerwerx
Re: Emptying/Loading Micro-Trains Bi-Level Autoracks?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 02:03:13 PM »
There was a article several years ago in NSR about casting cars for loads in open autoracks and he did exactly what you describe for his car loads.If my memory is working correctly he did this for both levels.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made

Kisatchie

• Crew
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 02:27:50 PM »
There was a article several years ago in NSR about casting cars for loads in open autoracks and he did exactly what you describe for his car loads.If my memory is working correctly he did this for both levels.

Great minds run in the same channel... :P

Hmm... Kiz just got
lucky...

Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
"It works! It works!"

eja

• Crew
  • Respect: +198
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 11:34:59 PM »
Kiz is always lucky, Dee.... he has you to keep him on track!

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1100
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 03:19:12 PM »
You could epoxy a length of fishig line along the bottoms of the cars to link them together in groups.  That way if you ever change you mind you can snip off the line and use them on your layout.  Kinda string them together is the concept.

Joe
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

Kisatchie

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 03:40:22 PM »
You could epoxy a length of fishig line along the bottoms of the cars to link them together in groups.  That way if you ever change you mind you can snip off the line and use them on your layout.  Kinda string them together is the concept.

Joe

That makes better sense to me than clear styrene strips. Less material to worry about showing. I guess 80 pound test should be sufficient  :P.

Hmm... Kiz must be going
after a whale...

"It works! It works!"

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1326
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 01:57:12 AM »
One or two pound should be sufficient for N scale....  If you have any other use for nylon line I'd buy whatever would work best for that.  In my case that would probably be Nn3 truss rods.
N Kalanaga
Be well