Author Topic: Showcase Miniatures Ballast Regulator  (Read 8584 times)

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +157
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: Showcase Miniatures Ballast Regulator
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2014, 01:11:12 AM »
On the Pyke On Track Brush Cutter you may be able to add a power truck. It was one of several machines I had started to draw up for Shapeways. I never got past the basic shape when my son was born and I lost time to tinker on the computer with all the one's I was drawing including speeders.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 01:24:36 AM by Ian MacMillan »
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2106
Re: Showcase Miniatures Ballast Regulator
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2014, 01:56:37 AM »
Hi all...

The kit includes MTL wheels to insulate it from the track.  Also, the front and rear tool assemblies (which are metal) can be positioned up and down so care still needs to be take to make sure they do not touch the tracks.

It will be difficult to power this model without sacrificing some of the scale accuracy.  Possibly re-gauging the Searails PowerMax is an option.  We are considering producing our own power truck at some point that could be gauged for both N and Z Scale as well as with a variable wheel base.  Searails may be working on this too.  We'll see...

Some of the upcoming models of the Knox Kershaw equipment (like the KBR-875 or KBR-925) may facilitate a power truck since the cab is larger than this one.  Likely we could design two versions - one with a scale accurate cab and one with the idea of housing a power truck in mind. The KBR-925 is also a unique model since it can facilitate different attachments to the front or rear of the machine.

We're listening (and working)...

Walter

So there is more planned , hot damn , this is so cool .

KBR-875

KBR-925
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 02:03:16 AM by up1950s »

Richie Dost